Stunning

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Stunning
Shock Trooper
Member # 4239
Profile #0
I'm most of the way through the game and still have no idea what it does to you/your opponents. Can anybody explain?

--------------------
There are two kinds of game players...those who are newbies, and those who were.
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #1
A character or monster that's stunned in one round will have fewer action points in the following round. If it's stunned badly enough, it may even miss its next turn entirely.

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!
Raven v. Writing Desk
Member # 261
Profile Homepage #2
Also, stunning often persists for more than one round. Like all status effects, it will weaken with each passing round. However, it's cumulative, so the more heavy hits you take, the more stunning you will accrue.

--------------------
Slarty vs. DeskDesk vs. SlartyTimeline of ErmarianG4 Strategy Central
Posts: 3560 | Registered: Wednesday, November 7 2001 08:00
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #3
Stunning comes in levels. When your next turn to act rolls around, you lose 1 AP and 1 level of stun until you aren't stunned anymore. If that's more than the AP you get in one round, the excess waits for your next turn.

Or so I would imagine from Geneforge, anyway. In practice I've never been that stunned, and I'm pretty sure I've been stunned and not actually lost any AP.

—Alorael, who may have imagined that part. Or maybe that was his fighters once they were able to get more than 8 AP and he just didn't notice that 9 - 1 = 8.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #4
quote:
Originally written by OMGAlorael:

Or so I would imagine from Geneforge, anyway. In practice I've never been that stunned, and I'm pretty sure I've been stunned and not actually lost any AP.
It's pretty easy to get stunned into immobility if you charge your fighter into a cave full of submission fungi. Even with (nominally) 100% stun resistance, you're likely to come out of that a few AP down every round; if you're wearing the Emerald Chestguard or other armour with poor stun resistance, whoever's getting hit will likely be useless most of the time.

[ Tuesday, January 10, 2006 23:26: Message edited by: Thuryl ]

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!
Raven v. Writing Desk
Member # 261
Profile Homepage #5
It's definitely possible to lose more than 1 AP per round, if you're heavily stunned.

--------------------
Slarty vs. DeskDesk vs. SlartyTimeline of ErmarianG4 Strategy Central
Posts: 3560 | Registered: Wednesday, November 7 2001 08:00
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #6
Yes, I've lost more than 1 AP. I think I've lost up to 4, and I always kill Submission Fungi with bows and Bolts of Fire from out of range. What I'm claiming is that I've never been stunned for more AP than the character had, which those fungi could do, and that I've been stunned for no noticeable change in AP.

—Alorael, who was unable to replicate such a lack of AP loss. He'll chalk it up to skribbane and pretend he never claimed it happened.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00