dispel barrier please!!!!

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: dispel barrier please!!!!
Apprentice
Member # 6643
Profile #0
i've been trying to "clear the tower" for what feels like forever. please is there some kind of trick to killing that blue monster? i'm already using augmentation, protection, enduring shield, haste, and war blessing.... .... ?!?!?!?!?
Shaper
Member # 6292
Profile #1
You can do it easily with one mage and/or priest. Park your party outside the room with the "blue guy". Haste the mage first, and send him in just far enough to see Blue Guy. Douse Blue Guy with acid, and then move the mage back out of the Blue Guy's line of sight until you can't see him anymore. Make sure your party is all further back also out of sight. If you haste your priest and can work it, send him just into the room to hit Blue Guy with Repel Spirit and move him out of sight before the end of each turn. If you keep your party out of sight at the end of each turn, the worst Blue Guy will do is summon some annoying critters which you can kill in between as necessary. Keep dousing Blue Guy with acid and Repel Spirit until he dies. As long as you are never in sight at the end of your turn, he can and will never attack you with anything directly.

--------------------
A4 ItemsA4 SingletonG4 ItemsG4 ForgingG4 Infiltrator NR Items The Lonely Celt
Apprentice
Member # 6654
Profile #2
Ugh, that tactic above is so cheap. If you want something more fulfilling...

I did this on torment. My first reccomendation is to not worry about it for a while. You gotta get your party members enough health that they won't get killed in one round. Later in the game you should have enough health that you can take a hit or two and still have a sliver of life left.

Even once you have enough health, it's still a very hard fight. Augment, bless, shield, haste, use every buff you have before entering the room. Cast slow on the demon multiple times, until he can only do one attack per round (I don't think it's possible to slow him to the point he can't attack at all). Cast a few summoning spells, even if the creatures you create can't do much damage they'll at least serve as extra targets.

Good luck! Dispell barrier is worth it.
Apprentice
Member # 6643
Profile #3
thanks guys! i've been trying to boost myself and i can get through a few rounds without being killed, but he always dazes my characters and they can't do anything... i think i'll try a mixture of the two... :D

and ya, dispel barrier is definitely worth it!!!
Law Bringer
Member # 4153
Profile Homepage #4
Prismatic Shield should help against the dazing. Mindshield scrolls might also be helpful.

Best weapon against him, particularly when he summons annoying stuff: Lightning Spray. It also works with the hit and run strategy described earlier.

--------------------
Thuryl: "Runescape: for people who are too stupid to save their games."

Gamble with Gaea, and she eats your dice.
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #5
Actually, Prismatic Shield won't help against dazing, since it doesn't provide mental shielding. (It's worth using anyway, though, since the demon can also freeze you.)

Honestly, though, I had no real difficulty with that fight. It helped that my fighter had 10 Parry by that point, so I could just park him directly in front of the demon, having him draw the attacks from the demon and all its summoned monsters while taking virtually no damage from any of them.

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!
Apprentice
Member # 6539
Profile Homepage #6
prismatic shield doesn't work too well. i beat it having my whole party in the line of sight. (tho i used a invulnerability potion on my fighter.

i had my mage acid each turn, then eventually started with lightning when acid was doing 30-40pts damage.

the priest does better with smite than repel spirit i found.
Shock Trooper
Member # 4239
Profile #7
I actually found the cauldron contents far more difficult than the blue thing in this quest, possibly because I didn't want to do the full bless/haste/blah for those.
But as always, the key to battling a powerful single enemy is slow, acid, and haste. ;)

--------------------
There are two kinds of game players...those who are newbies, and those who were.
Shaper
Member # 6292
Profile #8
With any well-constructed party, this fight really shouldn't be too difficult, even in the line of sight. The method I described is the quick and easy way if you just want to get it over with, and also, what I had to do with my singleton in my last game. With four, it doesn't matter too much if one or two PC's get terrified or frozen for a few turns.

--------------------
A4 ItemsA4 SingletonG4 ItemsG4 ForgingG4 Infiltrator NR Items The Lonely Celt
Apprentice
Member # 5517
Profile #9
I think that Thuryls plan will be best for me when I get it. BTW, is this quest included in the demo?
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #10
No. It's past the area right past the unregistered barrier.

—Alorael, who would like to point out that the Eastern Gallery is in fact very large and you can spend a while wandering around there before heading down to Stump of Magi.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #11
No, it's quite some distance beyond the end of the demo.

EDIT: Well, damn. Um, I'm trying to think of something further to say so that my post isn't made useless by the one above it, but I'm drawing a blank. Sorry.

[ Tuesday, January 10, 2006 14:18: Message edited by: Thuryl ]

--------------------
Warrior
Member # 6549
Profile #12
Hello,
I don't understand why the title "spell barrier" is used here. But I have problem with spell barrier, evry time the blue "crystal" is too weak and I'm at Almeria and I have a lot of barriers let beside me and I don't remeber all of them overall those which are in the caves :confused:

Why there are not more crystal for dispell barrier and where we can find spell barrier crystal stronger ?

Priest or Mage can dispell these barrier with a spell ?

Than uou for your help

(sorry I don't understand all of this topic cause my bad english)
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #13
I'm not sure that I completely understand what you're asking, but I'll give some information anyway, and if it isn't what you wanted, ask again.

You can get the spell "Dispel Barrier" by completing a quest in the Tower of Magi. The quest involves fighting a demon. This thread is about that fight. With Dispel Barrier, you can dispel any barriers that need to be dispelled in the game. (You do not need to dispel all barriers, though.)

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.
Smoo: Get ready to face the walls!
Ephesos: In conclusion, yarr.

Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!!: the authorized location for all things by me
The Archive of all released BoE scenarios ever
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00
Shaper
Member # 247
Profile Homepage #14
I lost one fighter in the battle. But overall it wasn't too difficult. Lightning spray is so useful against him. Actually I just completed this a few hours ago. Yes finally dispel Barrier! Oh and I hate the honeycomb of Horror. What a terrible place :(

--------------------
The Knight Between Posts.
Electric Sheep One
Member # 3431
Profile #15
I actually liked exploring it, but if you really find it tedious, I posted a full map, with labelled stairs, in a thread here a while ago.

--------------------
We're not doing cool. We're doing pretty.
Posts: 3335 | Registered: Thursday, September 4 2003 07:00
Warrior
Member # 6549
Profile #16
quote:
Originally written by Kelandon:

I'm not sure that I completely understand what you're asking, but I'll give some information anyway, and if it isn't what you wanted, ask again.

You can get the spell "Dispel Barrier" by completing a quest in the Tower of Magi. The quest involves fighting a demon. This thread is about that fight. With Dispel Barrier, you can dispel any barriers that need to be dispelled in the game. (You do not need to dispel all barriers, though.)

I understand better now ;)

The Tower of Magi, not before...

:confused: :confused: :confused:

And did u remember of all the places where there was a barrier to move ?

I can't know that a barrier is not necessary to remove before remove it

;)
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #17
It never hurts to remove a barrier (except in one well-documented case: don't dispel the barriers in Fort Emerald). If you can't remove a barrier, though, don't worry about it: it's not meant to be removed.

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.

Warrior
Member # 6549
Profile #18
Hum... sorry, but where is The Tower of Magi ? :confused:
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #19
Start in Mertis. Go south. Turn east whenever you can. Keep heading south.

--------------------

Shock Trooper
Member # 4239
Profile #20
quote:
Originally written by Mimi:

Hum... sorry, but where is The Tower of Magi ? :confused:
Or, from Almaria, go east until you can't go farther and then turn south. It's in the very southeast corner of the map.

--------------------
There are two kinds of game players...those who are newbies, and those who were.
Warrior
Member # 6549
Profile #21
it's the Tower Colony ?

Where is this demon ?

[ Thursday, January 12, 2006 13:37: Message edited by: Mimi ]
Shock Trooper
Member # 4239
Profile #22
You can enter the ruins of the old Tower in two places. One of those places allows you to reach a demon, which you must kill.
It's a quest from one of the wizards, who will then allow you to read his spellbook.

--------------------
Warrior
Member # 6549
Profile #23
oh, this one, I have killed it but iI had not the spell dispell barrier after :-( I had found the flaming sword on him that's all. There is a book beside but there is a barrier in front of it and I can't reach it.
There is another room near but I can't open it I have not the key

This new spell is a reward or I must find it ?

EDIT : well Kelner gives me the key ot this room as reward to have killed the monster. But in this room there is the book which give the fireblast spell not the dispell barrier :( :( :( :(

[ Thursday, January 12, 2006 15:24: Message edited by: Mimi ]
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #24
Dispel Barrier is a reward. Talk to Kelner after killing the demon, and he'll unlock a door in his room, allowing you to read a book which teaches you the spell.

--------------------

Pages