Any chance of seeing the old good graphs?

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Any chance of seeing the old good graphs?
Apprentice
Member # 3542
Profile #0
As a big fan of avernum series i got a nasty hit when i saw the avernum 4 graphics.

Without the older graphics it kinda lost its identitety and name. The graphics were part of avernum... now with new graphics it doesnt just feel right, avernums had a great and intresting plot that i really liked in the series and i presume that Jeff will continue the great work on Avernum 4. (As a windows user i havent yet tried the game, it could be also a pleasant suprise, hopefully :/)

I never liked the geneforce graphics and now i am afraid that i wont enjoy the great plot or miss it because of the graphics (meaning that if i really dislike the graphics like in geneforce i wont probably continue to play).

So my question is that is there any chance to see Avernum 4 on the older graphics? Would be hard now with completed plot and engine? Would it take too much time to combine em?

[ Friday, January 06, 2006 14:49: Message edited by: Hjolmar ]

--------------------
Spidersoft maniac
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #1
quote:
Originally written by Hjolmar:

So my question is that is there any chance to see Avernum 4 on the older graphics? Would be hard now with completed plot and engine? Would it take too much time to combine em?
No, yes, and yes, respectively.

I really disliked A4's graphics at first, too. Eventually I got used to them, though. I still prefer the classic Avernum graphics, though.

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.
Smoo: Get ready to face the walls!
Ephesos: In conclusion, yarr.

Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!!: the authorized location for all things by me
The Archive of all released BoE scenarios ever
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00
Apprentice
Member # 3542
Profile #2
Why? I mean he gots a ready skeleton, avernum 1,2, 3 or blades and he has the scripts, only thing to do would just be to inserts all chars and terrain. (well i admit that it would take quite long with and Jeff wont prob do it becouse of the Gen4 project)
There is also the option that he could ask someone else to do it? Maybe it could be a huge blades scenario?

--------------------
Spidersoft maniac
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #3
Graphics from the rest of the Avernum series are the wrong size to fit onto Avernum 4's tiles. Resizing would make them look blocky and ugly.

[ Friday, January 06, 2006 15:07: Message edited by: Thuryl ]

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!
Apprentice
Member # 3542
Profile #4
Hmm, could the tiles be done smaller or bigger, not sure what u meant? :P

[ Friday, January 06, 2006 15:42: Message edited by: Hjolmar ]

--------------------
Spidersoft maniac
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #5
All the graphics would have to be remade larger, which would result in something much more expensive and still not really the same as the old Avernum graphics.

—Alorael, who has to admit that he is a bit nostalgic for the old graphics. The new ones really are prettier and clearer, although this seems to be in no way an uncontested opinion.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Infiltrator
Member # 5576
Profile Homepage #6
Hjolmar, I agree with you, personally. I have been working on expanding a few of the graphics from BoA to the right size. It's a massive job though, because whereas a pc used to have one sheet, it now has about 20. I will have to try out actually substituting the graphics, but I'm not displease with the little bit that I've got so far. Photoshop Elements makes it easy to resize an image without horrible pixillation resulting.

--------------------
Überraschung des Dosenöffners!
"On guard, you musty sofa!"
Apprentice
Member # 3542
Profile #7
Thats really nice to hear nimand :) , i thought of trying to resize graphics as soon a the win version comes out. Is the graphics files like in avernum series where u could remove, edit or replace as u liked? And i would like also to know that can the size of the tiles somewho be edited?

[ Saturday, January 07, 2006 05:10: Message edited by: Hjolmar ]

--------------------
Spidersoft maniac