Getting extra skills

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Getting extra skills
Apprentice
Member # 6631
Profile #0
quote:
Originally written by Synergy:

That's 8 Dex and 6 Strength, for gymnastics
Having recently acquired the game I've only played around in the very beginning of it. I saw the post above, and it made me think. Do all of the extra skills; parry, bladermaster, sharpshooter etc, need special stats to improve?
Is there a list over the "extra" skills?

[ Tuesday, January 03, 2006 09:51: Message edited by: Opalias ]
Just saw this post as well:
quote:
Originally written by Synergy:

For your archer, I would work towards 6 Dexterity and 8 Bows to make him able to train Sharpshooter. The slith fighter will want some pole skills, unless you made him a melee fighter, and 4-5 Strength, 4-5 Dexterity to start with. If you get him to 8 Dex and 6 Strength, he can train in Gymnastics which will make it hard to hit him. If you get 6 Dex and 6 Defense, you can train him in Parry, which will help deflect blows.

Isn't there somewhere I can see all of these things, as they seem quite important?

Hrm, might as well put some more questions in here while I'm at it.
How much arcane/nature lore in total should you aim for?
Does increasing bladermaster help someone fighting with pole-arms?
Ah, after poking around a bit I found this thread, providing me with all the answers.
http://www.ironycentral.com/cgi-bin/ubb/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=20;t=000014#000000
So, if anyone could answer the arcane/nature question I'd be happy :D

[ Tuesday, January 03, 2006 09:51: Message edited by: Opalias ]
Law Bringer
Member # 4153
Profile Homepage #1
Arcane Lore and Nature Lore work best when the whole party has about 20 total. However, you don't need all of that until towards the end of the game. Giving every party member 3 or 4 points early on won't hurt, as the skill point requirements are so low. Then, if you find a cache/book you can't open/read, then you'll probably be able to just use some leftover skill points to raise Arcane/Nature Lore on the spot.

--------------------
Thuryl: "Runescape: for people who are too stupid to save their games."

Gamble with Gaea, and she eats your dice.
Raven v. Writing Desk
Member # 261
Profile Homepage #2
IIRC, the highest Arcane Lore the game ever requires you to have is 15. (And there are several items which boost the stat.)

--------------------
Slarty vs. DeskDesk vs. SlartyTimeline of ErmarianG4 Strategy Central
Posts: 3560 | Registered: Wednesday, November 7 2001 08:00
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #3
There's some ridiculously high Nature Lore requirement to get Heartseeker, the best bow in the game. Even 22 total Nature Lore in my party wasn't enough; I'm guessing the requirement is probably around 25. Fortunately, you don't need that much for any other caches in the game, and the bow's right near the end, so you can wait a while before getting Nature Lore that high.

[ Tuesday, January 03, 2006 14:58: Message edited by: Thuryl ]

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!