Trio

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Trio
His Mighty Tentacle
Member # 627
Profile #0
Yeah. Yet another start. Blah.

So why not the full four people?

A Singleton became tedious. A duo, well, didn't hold my interest. The two nephil duo became a nephil and a slith because I couldn't resist, and then I had the idea that all of the races, the best and the brightest, should be represented.

I suspect it will be like playing Secret of Mana or something.

Unsure of party build, but I have ideas.

--------------------
If I could make just one wish, I would want a tasty vlish.

Geneforge IV. Still no tasty vlish.
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #1
Shouldn't be hard. I was effectively playing with a trio fairly often, since one party member was typically encumbered into near-immobility.

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!
Raven v. Writing Desk
Member # 261
Profile Homepage #2
You know, given all of Jeff's efforts to streamline the game, I'm a little surprised he didn't get rid of encumbrance (from weight, not from equipped armor). Heaviness rarely if ever restricts my equipment choice, but it just makes me have to constantly pick up stuff and put it down when exploring -- very annoying. Whatever happened to the idea of putting all your junk in a pack, and putting the pack down automatically when those chitrachs jump out at you?

--------------------
Slarty vs. DeskDesk vs. SlartyTimeline of ErmarianG4 Strategy Central
Posts: 3560 | Registered: Wednesday, November 7 2001 08:00
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #3
quote:
Originally written by Slartucker:

Whatever happened to the idea of putting all your junk in a pack, and putting the pack down automatically when those chitrachs jump out at you?
Well, dropping items no longer requires action points, so you can drop all your junk in one round and be ready for battle the next if necessary. It's just somewhat tedious to manually drop everything and pick it back up.

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!
Raven v. Writing Desk
Member # 261
Profile Homepage #4
1. It still shouldn't take as long to drop a friggin sack as it does to cast a spell.

2. This is a huge hassle from the streamlining and convenience point of view. It's one thing if you're carrying 20 iron bars, but if you have a lot of 1 and 4 pound items it takes forever to put down and pick up. Even using keyboard and mouse at once.

--------------------
Slarty vs. DeskDesk vs. SlartyTimeline of ErmarianG4 Strategy Central
Posts: 3560 | Registered: Wednesday, November 7 2001 08:00
Apprentice
Member # 5900
Profile #5
Err... dropping items does not cost action points, but opening the inventory does. Which is quite a bummer. Having a base 8 action points, which would be just enough to attack and use an item, is now not enough, because you'll be spending four action points to use an item that is not in your quick use item slots.

I guess that's the advantage of keeping things in your utility belt.

RAmpaGE.

Edit: typo.

[ Monday, December 26, 2005 17:14: Message edited by: RAmpaGE ]
Shock Trooper
Member # 4239
Profile #6
quote:
Originally written by RAmpaGE:

you'll be spending four action points to use an item that is not in your quick use item slots.
*smacks self*
You are awesome and I am dumb. Here I'd just been thinking those were a UI thing that wasn't worth it to me. :eek:

--------------------
There are two kinds of game players...those who are newbies, and those who were.