Movement with the Num Pad (Avernum)

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Movement with the Num Pad (Avernum)
Apprentice
Member # 14129
Profile #0
I've started playing Avernum and I noticed that I cannot seem to move diagonally with the Num Pad. The 2, 4, 6 and 8 keys work fine for movement but the 1, 3, 7 and 9 don't seem to do a thing and instead I am forced to use the mouse for diagonal travel.

Is there a way for me to use the Num Pad completely for travel or am I forced to use the mouse for diagonal movement?

My main problem with this is that often when I click the mouse it registers 2 or sometimes even 3 moves while with the Num Pad I don't have this problem. I've already tried slowing down the speed the game plays at, it helped but wasn't a complete fix and obviously didn't help with diagonal movement using only the Num Pad.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Agent
Member # 8030
Profile Homepage #1
Turning on the number lock works for me.

--------------------
Drew - "Coincidence, correlation, or causation, I wonder?"
Apprentice
Member # 14129
Profile #2
Hrm, could have sworn I'd tried with both the Num Lock on and off. I'll give it a try again when I get home tonight.

If this works I'll most certainly smack myself in the forehead for not trying hard enough before asking :P
Agent
Member # 2759
Profile Homepage #3
Also, with the mouse click thing, note that in Avernum it's left-click to move 2 spaces, right-click to move 1 space.

Postscript: only for Avernum 1, Avernum 2 & 3 are different

[ Saturday, February 16, 2008 01:45: Message edited by: Micawber ]

--------------------
Geneforge 4 stuff. Also, everything I know about Avernum | Avernum 2 | Avernum 3 | Avernum 4
Apprentice
Member # 14129
Profile #4
First things first, the Num Lock thing was the problem so I feel a right fool now.

Then onto the left click/right click thing. That I didn't know actually, however I can confirm that you can indeed move 1 single space with left clicking, I've done it plenty of times and even more times after I had lowered the game speed from Medium to the slowest option.