Autorun Install Doesn't Work For BoA On Vista

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Autorun Install Doesn't Work For BoA On Vista
Guardian
Member # 6670
Profile Homepage #0
I don't know if this has been mentioned before, but when I was re-installing BoA off of my CD (ver. 1.0.1, I believe) onto Vista, I couldn't run the installer by clicking on the button (the other buttons worked). No biggie; I could still run the installer by exploring the CD, but still...

--------------------
I was born by Caesarean section, but you really can't tell... except that when I leave my house, I always go out the window...
- Steven Wright
Agent
Member # 2759
Profile Homepage #1
It has been mentioned (in the Geneforge forum if I remember correctly, I think this affects not just BoA but other games too) and Jeff has patched the installer. Of course this doesn't help those of us who have a CD already...

As you said however it is still possible to install the game manually by exploring the CD.

Edit: Another wrinkle, if you want to be able to read the Exile help files on Vista you have to manually download the old version of windows help from the MS website.

[ Monday, June 04, 2007 11:38: Message edited by: Micawber ]

--------------------
"I can't read this thread with that image. But then, that's not a complaint." -Scorpius

Geneforge 4 stuff. Also, everything I know about Avernum | Avernum 2 | Avernum 3 | Avernum 4