GF4 on Mac with German Keyboard

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: GF4 on Mac with German Keyboard
Apprentice
Member # 8470
Profile #0
Hello

This weekend I downloaded and tried GF4 on my MacBook C2D and immediately fell in love with it. I enjoy every minute playing it and have to say that GF4 may the best RPG I have played since having started RPGing 25 years ago. So I ordered my license key the same day without any hesitation.
Then, when I started my first "real" game, I noticed that GF4 doesn't take care of my German keyboard, but instead uses the US keyboard layout. Maybe this could be fixed in an update?

Regards
Stefan

--------------------
ubi bene, ibi patria
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #1
SW is aware of this issue. Alternate keyboard layouts probably won't be implemented for Geneforge 4, but may be supported in future games if there's sufficient demand for it. You may want to consider emailing spidweb@spiderwebsoftware.com to express your interest in such a feature.

[ Monday, April 16, 2007 01:27: Message edited by: Thuryl ]

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!
Apprentice
Member # 8470
Profile #2
Hello, Thuryl

Thanks for the advice - I just did this.

Regards
Stefan

--------------------
ubi bene, ibi patria
Electric Sheep One
Member # 3431
Profile #3
I didn't really notice a problem with this, except in naming save files with y's, and this has the easy workaround of typing z instead. So keyboard localization would be nice, but I'm afraid it's probably not going to be a high priority for Jeff.

--------------------
We're not doing cool. We're doing pretty.
Posts: 3335 | Registered: Thursday, September 4 2003 07:00