Exile II crash (very repeatable, OS X only)

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Exile II crash (very repeatable, OS X only)
Warrior
Member # 7633
Profile #0
I'm running Exile II (v2.0.3) under Classic (Mac OS X 10.4.8, G4, 1024x768). I'm getting a repeatable crash in the ambush in the Almaria stockroom. It appears to happen as soon as one of the guards is up to bat. Macsbug tells me it's occurring in do_monster_turn, often in the middle of an instruction - perhaps there's some stack corruption?

I've got a copy of v1.0.3 around, but it seems similarly affected. Fortunately, I was able to finish up the battle just fine on an older machine (OS 8.1, running natively). Any idea what the issue is here, or do I just have to live with the occasional crash?

(I can do some more in-depth debugging if necessary. I've actually made several minor code modifications to the game which I might consider releasing with Spiderweb's permission.)

[ Sunday, November 05, 2006 20:41: Message edited by: Duskwolf ]
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #1
quote:
Originally written by Duskwolf:

(I can do some more in-depth debugging if necessary. I've actually made several minor code modifications to the game which I might consider releasing with Spiderweb's permission.)
Your best bet is to ask them directly by email. Be warned that SW gets mighty touchy about this sort of thing, though.

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!
Warrior
Member # 7633
Profile #2
And the crash showed up again in the battle with the demon near the portal in the Tower of Magi. Didn't recur on a second run through, but it appears to have something to do with either guards or spellcasters.