Spiderweb Glitch VI

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Spiderweb Glitch VI
Master
Member # 4614
Profile Homepage #0
Yay, let's start the series again! :D

Okay, problem:

The post count system as shown in the footer of the posts is really glitchy. On the message board software I'm making with PHP, it's not all that hard to just query the database and get the currrent post count of that member along with when you get the moniker of all things. Then it just all works like a charm and displays the correct post count every time, wherever you are in the forum.

However they do it with UBB, it doesn't work as good and is definately less efficient.

--------------------
-ben4808
? Man, ? Amazing
Member # 5755
Profile #1
That does sound like a problem, but I think I know the fix.

Do a file find for modem.sys, and then delete that file. You should not have a problem with the post counts with that annoying file gone.

*this message sponsored by the drive to 5*

--------------------
quote:
Originally written by Kelandon:

Well, I'm at least pretty sure that Salmon is losing.

...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #2
That sounds suspiciously like it belongs in the same category of "fixes" as rm -r *. :P

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!
Triad Mage
Member # 7
Profile Homepage #3
It's most likely because I have the most caching as possible enabled to make page loading faster, which leads to slightly off post counts.

--------------------
"At times discretion should be thrown aside, and with the foolish we should play the fool." - Menander
====
Drakefyre's Demesne - Happy Happy Joy Joy
Encyclopedia Ermariana - Trapped in the Closet
====
You can take my Mac when you pry my cold, dead fingers off the mouse!
Posts: 9436 | Registered: Wednesday, September 19 2001 07:00
Master
Member # 4614
Profile Homepage #4
Yeah, I figured something along those lines. I would make perfect sense to catch, say the number of posts in a specific forum so you don't have to count 50,000 posts every time you visit the homepage, but I don't see how doing so for the post counts would make much difference.

--------------------
-ben4808