GF2 crashes :(

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: GF2 crashes :(
Apprentice
Member # 1146
Profile #0
Hi,

I just downloaded Geneforge II demo (for PC). When starting the executable I get the loading screens and then the game menu. If I don't do anything everything is ok but whenever I try to move the mouse I get a little bit of that sound and green graphics effect but then the game crashes back to Windows desktop because of some exception. I have the latest drivers for both my mouse and video card.

All other Spidweb games I've tries run correctly. Please, I would be very thankful of any advice concerning this issue.
Apprentice
Member # 5329
Profile #1
What kind of video card do you have?
Apprentice
Member # 5379
Profile #2
i have the same problem, the game crashes as soon as i get in. when i alt-tab to see if it is not responding there is a window that says,
unhandled exception:c0000005
at adress: 0042196e

my direct x, sound, and video drivers are up to date, my video card is a geforce 2 mx. the os i'm running is windows xp.

EDIT: "i found out that it crashes because of the graphics on the mouse pointer ,the stuff that oozes down, when the ooze gets to the bottom of the screen it freezes the game you just have to be quick if you want to play"

[ Monday, January 10, 2005 18:20: Message edited by: nathan_frost ]
Apprentice
Member # 5329
Profile #3
For What It's Worth:
I have a 5600fx Nvidia card. I d/l and installed the latest drivers (66.93) recently. The same problems that you describe started happening to me. I re-installed my older ones (I was using 61.77). NO MORE PROBLEMS.
Apprentice
Member # 5404
Profile #4
ok people, here is how to fix it, case anyone still needs it. Go to where ever you installed your game. Go into the data folder. Find a bmp file named g148.bmp Either rename to something like g148.bm or delete it. This file is the bmp for the mouse trail, if it can find it, it won't show up :) . The game runs fine on my PC, hope it works for yours.