DMG files

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: DMG files
Warrior
Member # 3698
Profile Homepage #0
why doesn't jeff use DMGs for mac people

--------------------
Hi. Why is the universe so BIG? Why am I human? How come hot dogs come in packages of 10 and buns 8? This will all be solved in time young padawan. Your quest for the ultimate Aztec manuer is coming to a climax. May the force be with you!!!
······························································
This is where I want you to click! Rate me! Ha Ha
Check out some cool Mac OS X Apps that were made by me here!
10101 Software - You can take my iMac when you pry my cold, dead fingers off the wireless mouse!
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #1
Because he's stuck in his ways and only rarely upgrades anything. Why do we care?

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.
Smoo: Get ready to face the walls!
Ephesos: In conclusion, yarr.

Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!!: the authorized location for all things by me
The Archive of all released BoE scenarios ever
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00
Warrior
Member # 3698
Profile Homepage #2
Because You can make the DMGs compress and then zip them without any data loss. That would mean smaller files and shorter download time.

Also DMGs are stylish and cool .

I could design th DMG icon if he wanted...

[ Tuesday, December 28, 2004 17:26: Message edited by: Tbg10101 ]

--------------------
Hi. Why is the universe so BIG? Why am I human? How come hot dogs come in packages of 10 and buns 8? This will all be solved in time young padawan. Your quest for the ultimate Aztec manuer is coming to a climax. May the force be with you!!!
10101 Software - You can take my iMac when you pry my cold, dead fingers off the wireless mouse!
Lifecrafter
Member # 54
Profile #3
Because there isn't any way to open a dmg file in Mac OS 9 or earlier without using some hard-to-find software. All of the current Mac games are compatible with Mac OS 8.1 or later, which effectively prevents the dmg file format from being used.

Some older system versions support img files, which are a similar format to dmg. Mac OS 7.01 and higher users can use the free Disk Copy 6.33 utility to open these files, but this utility isn't installed by default on Mac OS 8.1 or older systems.

(621)
Warrior
Member # 3698
Profile Homepage #4
OK then use .img

Doesn't matter to me. Almost the same thing. For me it is very easy to make .dmg and .img

--------------------
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #5
As far as I know, disk images don't improve compression in any way. .zip, like any data compression format, is lossless anyway, and I haven't noticed a significant improvement in file size.

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!
Warrior
Member # 3698
Profile Homepage #6
if you zip the DMG you get a smaller file.

[ Wednesday, January 19, 2005 15:07: Message edited by: Tbg10101 ]

--------------------