Text not displaying properly on Geneforge 2

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Text not displaying properly on Geneforge 2
Apprentice
Member # 5329
Profile #0
Started to play the demo (Geneforge 2), and I've noticed that sometimes the text seems to be too long and starts to display outside of the borders it is intended to stay within. This can make it jumbled up sometimes with other text or unable to read as it prints itself over the border and if the border is dark blue for instance, it becomes unreadable. I like what I see so far of this type of 'old school' game and would like to continue, but this text problem is a real irritation. I have d/l'd the latest version. I'm using windows XP with plenty of CPU power. Any ideas? Thanks.
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #1
This sometimes happens to me in BoA, on the stat screen. I'm not aware of any way to fix it except for closing and reopening the stat screen; depending on where it's happening in GF2, doing something similar may or may not be an option for you.

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!
Warrior
Member # 3698
Profile Homepage #2
Some strings of text are just too long to fit in their designated areas. You can't fix that. It's just that the interface didn't have enough space to support the text.

If the area for the text is fifty pixels wide and the text is sixty-seven pixels wide, there is no way that you can change the size of the text its self without making all of the text that is also assigned to that area be that same size. You could possibly try to find the value that says the size of the text and change it, but I would strongly advise against it.

You could suggest to Jeff that you want a text size option in the prefrences...

I hope that this helped.

--------------------
Hi. Why is the universe so BIG? Why am I human? How come hot dogs come in packages of 10 and buns 8? This will all be solved in time young padawan. Your quest for the ultimate Aztec manuer is coming to a climax. May the force be with you!!!
······························································
This is where I want you to click! Rate me! Ha Ha
Check out some cool Mac OS X Apps that were made by me here!
10101 Software - You can take my iMac when you pry my cold, dead fingers off the wireless mouse!
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #3
Just because the previous post made it seem otherwise: no, that doesn't always happen. Most people can play through GF2 without ever having a problem with over-sized text. It's something specific to your computer or operating system or something. There may be a way to fix it, but I don't know what it is.

Jeff might. If you e-mail Spiderweb and tell him as much of the technical specifications of your computer and operating system that you know, and if you tell him specific text boxes where this happens, he might be able to help you.

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.
Smoo: Get ready to face the walls!
Ephesos: In conclusion, yarr.

Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!!: the authorized location for all things by me
The Archive of all released BoE scenarios ever
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00
Warrior
Member # 3698
Profile Homepage #4
tell me, does this happen with the name of an item in your pack when you run your cursor over it? Where exactly is this happening?

--------------------
Hi. Why is the universe so BIG? Why am I human? How come hot dogs come in packages of 10 and buns 8? This will all be solved in time young padawan. Your quest for the ultimate Aztec manuer is coming to a climax. May the force be with you!!!
······························································
This is where I want you to click! Rate me! Ha Ha
Check out some cool Mac OS X Apps that were made by me here!
10101 Software - You can take my iMac when you pry my cold, dead fingers off the wireless mouse!
Apprentice
Member # 5329
Profile #5
Thanks for all the replies, but I found out what the problem was. I can't have Windows set to use 'large' fonts. When I set it back to 'normal' the problem resolved itself. I would prefer having an option *in the game* to change it (thereby keeping my other Windows apps looking the same), but anyway, thanks again.