Banned for a little while?

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Banned for a little while?
Infiltrator
Member # 4256
Profile #0
This is kinda weird-
I tried to log on about three hours ago and it gave me the message that I was not allowed to perform that function. The same message that you get when you are banned (as those of you who have had that "priv." can testify). So I created a new acount to try to ask what to do and that account was denied access as well. (Thats the newest "whathappened" account. But now about three hours later my account works fine. Any idea why it happened? I did not change any settings on my computer, so was I banned for some random reason?

[ Monday, October 11, 2004 17:39: Message edited by: m's devotee ]

--------------------
"Let's just say that if complete and utter chaos was lightning, he'd be the sort to stand on a hilltop in a thunderstorm wearing wet copper armour and shouting 'All gods are false'."
Agent
Member # 1104
Profile Homepage #1
Even if you are banned, you can still login and read posts, just not reply or start topics. It was probably something amiss with the server/scripting process.

--------------------
Austrian Alex
Infiltrator
Member # 4256
Profile #2
You can not login-
You can access the website which I could-
I have been banned so I know what it does- :(

--------------------
"Let's just say that if complete and utter chaos was lightning, he'd be the sort to stand on a hilltop in a thunderstorm wearing wet copper armour and shouting 'All gods are false'."
Agent
Member # 618
Profile Homepage #3
If you're certain it was a ban, it would mean that it was an IP ban. It doesn't just ban one account, it bans your PC.
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #4
I think I remember it happened to Djur when he tried to wget the forums shortly before the purge. But I'm not sure.

--------------------
Encyclopaedia ErmarianaForum ArchivesForum StatisticsRSS [Topic / Forum]
My BlogPolarisI eat novels for breakfast.
Polaris is dead, long live Polaris.
Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair.
Infiltrator
Member # 4256
Profile #5
Yeah it would of had to have been an IP ban because neither my regular account or the temp account worked.
And yeah I'm pretty certain that it was a ban becaused I when I try logging in to my banned account and I get the same message as I did yesterday.
what does "wget" mean?

--------------------
Babelicious
Member # 3149
Profile Homepage #6
No, what happened to me was different -- Apache was refusing my connections.
What's happened to m's devotee is a known bug, I think; didn't it happen to TGM once?

The question is, is the "banned" account labeled as such? UBB is buggy as hell, so it's not unlikely that somehow the permissions got screwed up.

And 'wget' is an HTTP/FTP fetching program; I was using it to mirror the SW forums.

--------------------
I've got a pyg in a poke.
Apprentice
Member # 5080
Profile #7
What do I do with this account? Anyone want 5080? Or is it to be one more one post account?
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #8
quote:
Originally written by Andrea:

No, what happened to me was different -- Apache was refusing my connections.
What's happened to m's devotee is a known bug, I think; didn't it happen to TGM once?

The account got deleted in that case. In this case, whatever happened to m seems to have fixed itself now.

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!