PC / Mac question and EULA question

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: PC / Mac question and EULA question
Apprentice
Member # 4930
Profile #0
I'm considering buying an iBook and registering Avernum (I bought Exile I and II years ago, loved them, and realized that I still love them with Avernum). Right now I have the Avernum demo on my PC.

My questions are these:

1) Can I transfer my saved game file from PC to Mac? Can the Mac read the PC's .SAV file?

2) If I register before I buy the iBook, is there some way to migrate my full version from the PC to the Mac?

3) If I can do that, should I uninstall Avernum from the PC? Some software allows a license to be used on one desktop AND one notebook, I guess on the thinking that you'll only be using one at a time.

Thanks.
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #1
1) No.

2) Ask Jeff for a new registration code for the new computer. He's usually pretty accommodating.

3) As long as you don't actually use the software on two computers simultaneously, I think it's okay. But check the licence.

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!
Agent
Member # 2820
Profile #2
Under lenient licenses for CDs, you may make copies for yourself as long as only one is being used at any one time.

You probably won't game on both machines at the same time, so you should be fine.

--------------------
Thuryl: I mean, most of us don't go around consuming our own bodily fluids, no matter how delicious they are.
====
Alorael: War and violence would end if we all had each other's babies!
====
Drakefyre: Those are hideous mangos.