need help on the Blades of Avernum editor

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: need help on the Blades of Avernum editor
Apprentice
Member # 3786
Profile #0
I've got the full game, I've played the hole game, I downloaded the Editor, but then I try to play the editor and it does not work! it says: Blades of Avernum was unable to find or load graphic 2000. make sure the editor is in the Date folder of Blades of avernum(and not in a sub-folder).Also make sure all graphics are where they should be.(and I did all that, and nothing,(at least I think I did it all, I've found the graphics 2000 thingy, but it's still not working!) dose enybody know what to do? :confused:

--------------------
Canadian Pilot
Agent
Member # 1104
Profile Homepage #1
Question answered many times. When you download and unzip the editor files, take ONLY the BoAEditor.EXE file and put it in your BoA data folder. So if you access the editor, it'll be C:\Program Files\Blades of Avernum\Data\{EDITOR.EXE}

That's on a Windows platform...not sure where to place it on a Mac.

--------------------
Austrian Alex
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #2
Is it just me, or does this question come up quite a lot?

You are using a PC, I gather? I can't be terribly useful in that case, but I can add that most likely your editor is not in the right folder. Be sure to move ONLY the exe (not the whole folder) into the Data folder.

EDIT: RC beat me to it. If you actually are using a Mac, it goes in the Blades of Avernum Files folder.

[ Friday, July 16, 2004 16:42: Message edited by: Just Call Me Kel ]

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.
Smoo: Get ready to face the walls!
Ephesos: In conclusion, yarr.

Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!!: the authorized location for all things by me
The Archive of all released BoE scenarios ever
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00
Apprentice
Member # 3786
Profile #3
hey guy thank, but I pretty much did all that, so I'm just going to trow out all the Editor stuff I got and just redownload it and do what you guys said, oh and yes, it's a pc, (widows 98 matter of fact)

--------------------
Canadian Pilot
Apprentice
Member # 3786
Profile #4
were do I download the zip file to? enywere? just so long as I unzip it to the Data folder?

--------------------
Canadian Pilot
Agent
Member # 1104
Profile Homepage #5
Yes, just unzip the EXE by itself to the data folder and you'll be fine.

Edit: Aiyee! Spelling mistake.

[ Saturday, July 17, 2004 15:28: Message edited by: RC ]

--------------------
Austrian Alex
Apprentice
Member # 3786
Profile #6
hey guys, for some reason it's not working, here is what I do: I unzip it, and then a Blades of Avernum editor FOLDER is there in the Data folder, and if I try to move the just the Boa editor onto the data folder it just makes a shortcut, and it still dose not work, oh and if I try to play the editor, it says the thing above and that there is a error, and it can't find worrer's grove thing(I don't think that matters enyway)and so ya.(this sucks)

--------------------
Canadian Pilot
Agent
Member # 1104
Profile Homepage #7
quote:
Originally written by Canadian Pilot:

hey guys, for some reason it's not working, here is what I do: I unzip it, and then a Blades of Avernum editor FOLDER is there in the Data folder, and if I try to move the just the Boa editor onto the data folder it just makes a shortcut, and it still dose not work, oh and if I try to play the editor, it says the thing above and that there is a error, and it can't find worrer's grove thing(I don't think that matters enyway)and so ya.(this sucks)
From what I'm getting, you unzip the files into a temporary directory, but when you try to move the EXE itself, you only get a shortcut icon. In that case, right-click on the BoAEditor.EXE that was unzipped and click copy. Then, go to the data Folder in your BoA Folder, right-click on an empty space and choose Paste. If it still does a shortcut icon, then you either chose to copy the shortcut icon or your computer is acting up.

--------------------
Austrian Alex
Apprentice
Member # 3786
Profile #8
hey thanks man! :cool: that last one worked, well now how do I close this topic? oh and theres this error thing that says that worrier's grove.bas is missing or somthing like that, do you now how to fix that? it's nothing importint, but I'd like to fix that clich, so how do you close this topic?

--------------------
Canadian Pilot
Apprentice
Member # 3786
Profile #9
oh darn. I've made a new scenario, and when I try to load it, it says this: Unhandled Exception:c0000005 at address 0042fd58(I don't know what that meens) and when I click ok it says:this program has performed an illegal operation and will be shut down. if the problem persists, contact the program vender. and when I go to to details>> it says this: BoA edit VI caused an invalid page fault in module BoA edit VI.0.2.EXE at 018f:0042fd58. and then there a lot of other stuff(mostly numbers) and then it quits. and I don't know what this "Program Vender" is. enybody know what to do?( I just think I'm computer is plain messed up)

--------------------
Canadian Pilot
Apprentice
Member # 3786
Profile #10
hey thanks RC, I've got it up and running now, I jst had to reinstall BoA, it some how unregisterd, gut it's all good now, now I've just got to figher out how to build this. lol thanks guys,(tell me, how do I close this topic?)

--------------------
Canadian Pilot
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #11
You don't. Mods could, but they probably won't, because it's unlikely that anyone else will post in this topic.

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.

Infiltrator
Member # 4637
Profile Homepage #12
Well, I'll post! :D

Just to say that people have to copy ALL content in the editor folder to the DATA folder. That way will work and you'll have the subfolder with sample scripts, etc. :)

--------------------
Visit the Blades of Avernum Center
and the Beta Testing Center

--------------
"Beware lest anyone cheat you through philosophy and empty deceit, according to the tradition of men, according to the basic principles of the world, and not according to Christ." Colossians 2:6-9
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #13
In response to Overwhelming's post.

--------------------

Infiltrator
Member # 4637
Profile Homepage #14
quote:
Originally written by Just call me Kel:

In response to Overwhelming's post.
As I said, the subfolder contains script samples, etc. It's not required. :P

--------------------
Visit the Blades of Avernum Center
and the Beta Testing Center

--------------
"Beware lest anyone cheat you through philosophy and empty deceit, according to the tradition of men, according to the basic principles of the world, and not according to Christ." Colossians 2:6-9