Is there a way to hide or minimize Geneforge 2 on the Mac?

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Is there a way to hide or minimize Geneforge 2 on the Mac?
Apprentice
Member # 1834
Profile Homepage #0
I've tried command-H, command-M and command-tab. Nothing seems to work to minimize Geneforge 2 or allow me to switch to another application. This is really frustrating to me as I sometimes have to quit the game every 5 minutes to answer instant messages. I hope someone knows a way to do this or to run in windowed mode, this is driving me nuts! Thank you for your help.
FAQSELF
Member # 3
Profile #1
On Windows it isn't possible to run minimized, so it's probably the same for Mac.

--------------------
A few cats short of a kitten pot pie...

Radioactive cats have 18 half-lives.
Check out a great source for information on Avernum 2, Nethergate, and Subterra: Zeviz's page.
Finally, there's my Geneforge FAQ, Geneforge 2 FAQ, and
Geneforge 3 FAQ.
Posts: 2831 | Registered: Tuesday, September 18 2001 07:00
Infiltrator
Member # 3040
Profile #2
In Mac OS 9:
1) Hit Esc. to pause.
(Only when in a game; if you hit Esc. at the main menu, the game will quit)

2) Go to the application menu, (upper right hand corner) and select "Hide Geneforge 2"

You're done.

In Mac OS X, I'm not sure how to do it.

--------------------
Apprentice
Member # 1834
Profile Homepage #3
Thanks for the information. I'm on MacOS X though and I just checked and it doesn't work there. When you press escape it brings up a box with options, but there is no access to any type of menu or the dock. Anyone have another way to do it under OS X? Or is there any chance Spiderweb might add command-H support it to a future patch to allow the game to be properly hidden?