Avernum 3 - Goblin Crash

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Avernum 3 - Goblin Crash
Warrior
Member # 3905
Profile #0
Hi.

I'm playing the unregistered (I'm considering registering it, but I'm a bit short on cash for the moment) version of Avernum 3 for pc. I played the Exile games a long time ago (on my good old Mac LC III), so it's sort of nostalgic. However I've encountered a bug of some kind. Almost every time I'm fighting ogres the game crashes giving me a dialogue window saying:

"Unhandled Exception

Unhandled exception: c000001d
At Address: 00424220"

Is this a known bug? Is there somekind of patch which addresses this problem, or is there something I can do to avoid it?

(I can't very well register the game unless I know there is a way to avoid this bug, since it would seem impossible to progress in the game if it crashes on these encounters... )
FAQSELF
Member # 3
Profile #1
There is a patch for the Mac version, so be sure to pick that up. Otherwise, files can be corrupted during downloading, so try redownloading the game from a different site.

--------------------
A few cats short of a kitten pot pie...

Radioactive cats have 18 half-lives.
Check out a great source for information on Avernum 2, Nethergate, and Subterra: Zeviz's page.
Finally, there's my Geneforge FAQ, Geneforge 2 FAQ, and
Geneforge 3 FAQ.
Posts: 2831 | Registered: Tuesday, September 18 2001 07:00