Geneforge 2 1.0.1 windows problem

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Geneforge 2 1.0.1 windows problem
Apprentice
Member # 3660
Profile #0
i have the full version of geneforge, i have the latest version of directX, 9.0, windows 98 4.1.0, 128mb RAM, 5215 MB free space, when i copy the exe file in the patch to the old exe, the game will start up but the screen is black, i can hear it working, and if i move the mouse around the sound effects of the start menu still sound, but i cant see anything. I have also tried to just drag the new to the old, but the same problem happens. i dont even try to start the program, it just starts up automatically. Any help?

--------------------
Malfunction: Error message: youre a dink
Infiltrator
Member # 760
Profile #1
update your graphics card drivers

if you're using NVIDIA-card then go to nvidia.com and download newest ForceWare-drivers

If you're using ATI-card then go to ati.com and download the newest Catalyst-drivers

--------------------
"The Darkness Shall Return!"
Apprentice
Member # 3660
Profile #2
how exactly can I tell which I am using, and once im on the site, what do I do? I apologize for being such a newb when it comes to computers, its quite embarrising...

--------------------
Apprentice
Member # 3660
Profile #3
did I mention im on a laptop? does it matter? sorry i should have made that clear earlier..

--------------------
Agent
Member # 27
Profile #4
Okay I had the same problem, and still do, but my shortcut is the only one that is messed up. I just load the game off of the start menu and it's fine.
Apprentice
Member # 3660
Profile #5
mine works fine normally, its when i try to patch it that it messes up, so if i open it from anywhere it works fine, its when i drag the patch exe onto the orginal exe that it messes up...

--------------------
Apprentice
Member # 3660
Profile #6
OK, ive updated EVERYTHING and the problem persists...HEEEEEEEEEEELP

--------------------