Windows emulator for Linux

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Windows emulator for Linux
Lifecrafter
Member # 59
Profile #0
I'm experimenting a bit with Linux right now... Will Spiderweb's games run on Wine (a Windows emulatior for Linux)?

I could try it myself, of course, but I could save myself the trouble if someone else has already tried.
Agent
Member # 14
Profile #1
E3 has been ported to Linux, don't know if the others will work on Wine. No reason they shouldn't.

--------------------
Dragyn Bob

"Abandon all hope, ye who enter here!"-The Divine Comedy
Posts: 1481 | Registered: Thursday, September 27 2001 07:00
Babelicious
Member # 3149
Profile Homepage #2
Exile I, II, III, and BoE all run excellently in Wine. In fact, E3 for Windows runs better in Wine than E3 for Linux runs natively.

Avvy 1 and 2 run fine, if a bit slowly, in Wine. They run a bit faster in Transgaming's WineX, if you want to bother. I haven't tried A3, but I'm sure it'd work fine.

I haven't tested Geneforge. I'd be again surprised if it didn't work.

--------------------
I've got a pyg in a poke.
Apprentice
Member # 2933
Profile Homepage #3
i run gentoo linux on an amd athlon 1.0ghz. with a current build of wine you should get the games to install and play fine. i am running geneforge and avernum 3 just fine.

wine-x is really just a couple tweaks to installers and some rudimentary directx support which really isn't applicable to games from spiderweb.

and wine is an "application compatibility layer," not an emulator. emulators are for hardware.

[ Thursday, October 02, 2003 14:20: Message edited by: demon ]