avernum 3/ the end game

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: avernum 3/ the end game
Apprentice
Member # 2236
Profile Homepage #0
i just beat the game. it was hard and all but i did it. anyways whey i got to the consol every thing happend acording to plan, the tower blew up, i was teleported to blackcrag fort, given 5000, and made a devash. then comes the problem, it says, "there are a lot of other artifacts to find, treasure to get and bad guys that need to be whacked, do you want to continue or end with this great victory?" (or something along those lines) so then it gives me 3 coices, quit, restore, or restart, all of which send me back to the place i saved last, thinking ahead i saved right before i got to the control panel so i went back there but every time i beat it, it never lets me continue. By the way, im using mac OSX and i got the 3.1.1.1 patch. please help me.
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #1
The message that you get is the generic victory message. You may have found everything, although chances are you didn't. The choices are just the same ones you get if you get killed.

If you want to get back to Valorim, you need to backtrack through the Great Walls, Crumbling Factory, and Keep of Tinraya. In this case, using the editor to return your party to Fort Emergence isn't such a terrible cheaters method, either.

—Alorael, who found it much nicer returning from the vahnatai lands than he did getting to them. When all the enemies are already dead and you have all the necessary keys your life is much, much easier.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Apprentice
Member # 2236
Profile Homepage #2
there has to be a way to win though, i mean come on did spiderweb make it so you cant explore fort and blackcrag. or why did they make you a dervash in the end if you cant continue and then have all the privlages of being great and powerful. if one of the creaters of avernum is looking at this could you at least give an explanation for your ending, if there is none, sorry i loved the rest of your game, but the ending sucks butt

thanks
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #3
The end of A3 doesn't let you continue for several reasons. First of all, it gives a nice finality to the game. Second, it would be extra and unnecessary work for Jeff to program more responses and things for people after you've defeated the vahnatai.

I don't know what fort you mean, but Blackcrag cannot be fully explored. There are some secret passages that let you into a few more areas, most notably a blacksmith's shop, but you never get the run of the fortress. You can also never get past Blackcrag and out of Valorim.

—Alorael, who answers only because Jeff is unlikely to. He spends his time programming games and dealing with his daughter, not visiting these forums.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Apprentice
Member # 2236
Profile Homepage #4
k thanks

will