Exile crashing on Win98 machine... help!

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Exile crashing on Win98 machine... help!
Apprentice
Member # 2177
Profile #0
I'm new to the Spiderweb world world of games - better late than never!

I am currently playing the demo of the first Exile game & there seems to be a bug - when my characters walk on certain white "activity spots" (i.e. the goblins near Ft. Duvno) I get a message telling me "I have disturbed blah, blah... and am about to be attacked" and my PC crashes - I am running Win98 (not SE) on a P3 500 - 386MB RAM, 64MB video card, SB Live audio card - I have reinstalled game/defragged system/cleaned registry/done all other things you have to do the cranky PCs.

Any help would be appreciated, as I can not buy the game unless I can finish it (which won't be the case if I can't completely explore the world of Exile).

Rgds
FAQSELF
Member # 3
Profile #1
Yikes. That may be a driver error, but it shouldn't do that.

If you want, you can try Avernum 1. Avernum is Exile with a new interface, and it might be more stable on your machine.

--------------------
A few cats short of a kitten pot pie...

Radioactive cats have 18 half-lives.
Check out a great source for information on Avernum 2, Nethergate, and Subterra: Zeviz's page.
Finally, there's my Geneforge FAQ, Geneforge 2 FAQ, and
Geneforge 3 FAQ.
Posts: 2831 | Registered: Tuesday, September 18 2001 07:00
Apprentice
Member # 2177
Profile #2
Thanks for the advice Schrodinger - its a shame though - the gameplay in the Exile trilogy looks great: reminds me of my Spectrum 48k days - but needs must, I suppose.

I must say its a pleaseure to find the wealth of resources that exist for Spiderweb software and see the obvious respect and connection that both developers and players share.

Cheers,
Avo