Moving Registration from 9 to X?

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Moving Registration from 9 to X?
Apprentice
Member # 1708
Profile #0
I have Geneforge and Avernum 3 registered for MacOs 9. Now that Geneforge for Os X is out and with Avernum 3 for Os X already in beta, I would prefer to play these games under Os X. The only problem is I don't know how to transfer the registration from 9 to Os X.
Any help out there?

Are the safe files in the same format in both systems?

Thanks
Stephan
Triad Mage
Member # 7
Profile Homepage #1
No, they're in different formats. Download the OS X version and email Jeff the new code, along with a note saying that you registered the Mac OS 9 versions. He should get back to you fairly quickly.

--------------------
"At times discretion should be thrown aside, and with the foolish we should play the fool." - Menander
====
Drakefyre's Demesne - Happy Happy Joy Joy
Encyclopedia Ermariana - Trapped in the Closet
====
You can take my Mac when you pry my cold, dead fingers off the mouse!
Posts: 9436 | Registered: Wednesday, September 19 2001 07:00
Lifecrafter
Member # 54
Profile #2
The Avernum 3 files(both preference and saved game) are in the same format for the Classic and Carbon applications. Your Classic saved game can be used as is. To transfer the registration, copy the file from the folder "System Folder:Preferences" to the folder "Library:Preferences" inside your home directory. This won't work if the OS 9 preference file doesn't contain the registration, and isn't necessary if you do not intend to use the Carbon version in Mac OS X.

(385)
Apprentice
Member # 1708
Profile #3
Worked like a charm with Avernum, thank you!
I will contact Jeff for moving the Geneforge registration.

Stephan