Khyryk oddity

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Khyryk oddity
Electric Sheep One
Member # 3431
Profile #0
For some reason Khryk sells me Kill and Major Heal as Shaping training, not magic. My Agent was happy with this deal, but I thought it was odd. Chalk it up to his 'eccentricity'?

It seems that in G3 you can still train twice in a skill after you have canistered it. This is good because in G2 you were tempted into some weird and tedious strategies to postpone canisters until after training. If you were really serious this even meant pushing yourself right through Outer Gazak-Uss at foolhardily low levels just so you didn't miss out on the training. While that was good for getting some adrenaline after you've beaten the game a few times, it didn't really make sense in the game world. (Puny Shaper runs gauntlet of deadly horrors on hunch that at the end there'll be a servile hermit with a really good Powerpoint show ...)

[ Wednesday, April 13, 2005 18:23: Message edited by: Student of Trinity ]

--------------------
We're not doing cool. We're doing pretty.
Posts: 3335 | Registered: Thursday, September 4 2003 07:00
Shaper
Member # 5437
Profile #1
Yeah, I really like that the player is able to train two levels before and after the canister. I don't remember seeing the spells/shaping thing with Khyryk. I'll check it out next time around.

Edit: I was also offered kill and major heal under shaping training. Oh well, at least it's there.

[ Wednesday, April 13, 2005 18:12: Message edited by: Dolphin ]
Posts: 2032 | Registered: Wednesday, January 26 2005 08:00
Raven v. Writing Desk
Member # 261
Profile Homepage #2
Khyryk definitely did not offer my agent that deal. Weird.

--------------------
Slarty vs. DeskDesk vs. SlartyTimeline of ErmarianG4 Strategy Central
Posts: 3560 | Registered: Wednesday, November 7 2001 08:00
Lifecrafter
Member # 54
Profile #3
If your opinions are below 90, Khyryk will be more restrictive in what he teaches you.

(649)