Times to finish the game for first time in geneforge 2

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Times to finish the game for first time in geneforge 2
Apprentice
Member # 5130
Profile #0
As i posted on the avernum trilogy,I like the game, but i found a BIG problem, a common problem in most rpg games, there is no time or clock. So something weird and annoying happens, more time you take to end the game , EASIER it is to finish :S. Personally when i want a challenge, i need the time to be over me. If i have all the time i want to end the game, or even worse, more time i take to end the game is easier, it seems pointless to me to play.
So i'm asking if anyone who finished the game reasonable fast, can tell me how much time it was so i can try to break that time, and have some kind of challenge. (i mean game time, no REAL time) of course who in the first time you ended the game., THanks
Shaper
Member # 5437
Profile #1
As I said in G1, G2 is also not timed in “game time.” If you have the demo look around for a timer, or day count, or anything that would suggest a tracking of time. I can tell you real time in hours (about 90 if I remember correctly).

Posting the same question in several topics starts to get somewhat annoying.
Posts: 2032 | Registered: Wednesday, January 26 2005 08:00
Apprentice
Member # 5651
Profile #2
quote:
Originally written by WaterD:

As i posted on the avernum trilogy,I like the game, but i found a BIG problem, a common problem in most rpg games, there is no time or clock.
Hmph. I fail to consider that a major problem, since I don't find the prospect of trying to play GF fast and furious very apalling. It is, of course, a bit interesting to see how much 'time' it took ("The Hero Struggled Through The Desolate Wastes for 1 week 12 days 1 hour 2 minutes 39 seconds 221 milliseconds") but not something I'd call da BIG problem.

P.S. I'm relatively sure Avernum, or at least Blades of Avernum, does count days. :cool:

--------------------
In D&D there are lots of gods. Some of them are Jesus Christ and Lucifer, and they have equal power. Players can choose either to worship one of them, and as most of them find it funny, they choose to worship Lucifer. It is one of the ways how pure souls are taken by the devil...