GURPS: Geneforge

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: GURPS: Geneforge
Apprentice
Member # 5243
Profile #0
One of the things I enjoy most about spiderweb software games is the storylines. The emphasis on choice, morals, and interesting background stories is what I believe makes their games different, better.
This is also why Geneforge would have to be my favorite series: I think the world it is set in has the most potential for interesting stories and situations.
I don't know how many tabletop roleplayers subscribe to these boards, but I'm hoping there are a few.
Does anyone out there know of anyone who's tried to run an RPG set in the world of Geneforge? Personally, I plan on creating a Geneforge setting for the GURPS system to run with a few friends.
To keep the computer game exciting, it has to be set in the backwaters of Shaper civilisation, a place where rampant violations of the harsh Shaper laws are possible for anything more than a short period of time (though I suppose we have to see what #3 brings). But with a table top RPG, the game could be set easily in a large shaper city, and get into intrigue and really flesh out the story in a way that can't happen in a computer game.
So in case you hadn't guessed, I think an pen and paper RPG version of Geneforge would be a great idea. They did it for Myth: The Fallen Lords, which also had a pretty cool storyline, but Geneforge's is better.
Obviously I'm not gonna try to give Jeff business advice, but an official GURPS: Geneforge would be pretty neat...

In short: If you have any ideas for the wider world of Geneforge feel free to post them here so I can use them in my game, or just so we can discuss what we think the wider world would be like.

[ Wednesday, December 01, 2004 01:19: Message edited by: Hegar T. Porisdei ]
BANNED
Member # 5219
Profile #1
I'd say it's a pretty good idea. :)
remember, this game was kind of like a test, so it was created by trying to make each aspect of the game different from all of the others, which turned out great. Now, just wait until Blades 0f Geneforge. :P

--------------------
You can take my Windows XP when you pry my cold, dead fingers off the mouse!