Things missed on Dhonal?

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Things missed on Dhonal?
Electric Sheep One
Member # 3431
Profile #0
I've gotten through Dhonal Island having found recipes for the Infiltrator's Ring, the Emerald Chestguard, and the Creator's Belt. I've got the stuff for the Belt, and everything for the other two except Demon Claws and a Pure Crystal Shard. I'm pretty sure I haven't passed any Claws because I think I would have noticed the attached Demon. But I'm worried that I might have overlooked the Shard somewhere on Dhonal or even an earlier island. I just don't want to take the time to scour the whole place again. Could anyone tell me whether I've missed the Shard or not? If it lies ahead, don't tell me where it is -- I'll find it myself. If I have missed it, please tell me where.

A few other things -- again, if the answers lie ahead I don't want to know any more than that.

Is there any way to get into the spooky door that makes you want to run away from it? Is it possible to get into that 2000 point trapped chest (i.e. what level of Mechanics does it take)? Is it worth pumping Mechanics incredibly high to get into it?

I can offer in return the small observation that it's really quite easy to rob the Keep blind if you use Speed, and the Lord and Lady's bedroom has got to be one of the most lucrative rooms in the game.

One small bug report: I overlooked Jane outside the Keep until after I had cleaned out the Mighty Creator, but she was still all freaked out about the poor old General. Well, maybe it's not a bug, since she might just not have heard yet; but at that point General Greiner had been up and at 'em for many weeks.

--------------------
We're not doing cool. We're doing pretty.
Posts: 3335 | Registered: Thursday, September 4 2003 07:00
Shaper
Member # 5437
Profile #1
You will find the Demon Claw on a Golem later on. It's the only one I can think of at the moment.

The door that causes you to want to leave… I'm not going to say anything, as you will find out much later.

The same goes for the Pure Crystal Shard. You'll get it later. Just check everything everywhere. Leave no searchable unturned.
Posts: 2032 | Registered: Wednesday, January 26 2005 08:00
Guardian
Member # 3521
Profile #2
There's also another Demon Claw on Gull Island, in Khyryk's tower, provided that you're willing to snoop around there a bit and meet the wrath of a few of his traps.

--------------------
Stughalf

"Delusion arises from anger. The mind is bewildered by delusion. Reasoning is destroyed when the mind is bewildered. One falls down when reasoning is destroyed."- The Bhagavad Gita.
Electric Sheep One
Member # 3431
Profile #3
Thanks, Dolphin, that's as much as I wanted to know. A bit more than I wanted to know, Stugie, but it won't really make any difference because I always rob everybody I possibly can.

Anyone know about that one viciously trapped box?

--------------------
Infiltrator
Member # 4592
Profile #4
Trinity: I opened that box. I had to pump quite an amount of skill points into mechanics (luckily I usually wait a few levels before I distribute them, so I could try the experiment with a previous save.)

I think it takes about 15 points or so (I forget, but it was high). Oh, no. . . wait. . . I think I didn't even turn off the trap but jut let it explode in my face and survive with one hit point? (that's impossible, isn't it?) I don't remember anymore. I did open it.

What's behind the door that makes you be very afraid? I never manage to get in. Do you have to be allied with the Rebels?

As for that trapped box:

This is a Major Spoiler.

Read At Your Own Risk.

If You Continue Reading You Will be Spoiled.

Don't Say I Didn't Warn You.

Are You Sure You Wanna Be Told And Not Find By Your Self?

Positive?

Last Chance!!!

Ok.

You Asked For It.

(there's trash. that's it. far as i know it's not magical trash or anything like it. yeah. whoever left that there had quite the sense of humour.)

--------------------
quote:

"I suffer from spiritual malaise," said Cugel meaningfully. "which manifest itself in outburst of vicious rage. I implore you to depart, lest, in an uncontrollable spasm, I cut you in three pieces with my sword, or worse, I invoke magic."
Random Jack Vance Quote Manual Generator Apparatus (Cugel's Saga)
Electric Sheep One
Member # 3431
Profile #5
Why, the dirty so-and-so. Thanks very much for the tip.

--------------------
Shaper
Member # 5437
Profile #6
You have to be a Rebel to find out about the door that makes you want to leave. As a loyalist you'll never know.

I just let the trap box blow up when I was strong enough to not die.
Posts: 2032 | Registered: Wednesday, January 26 2005 08:00