Like Geneforge 2?

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Like Geneforge 2?
Apprentice
Member # 6488
Profile #0
I just heard about this new Geneforge and I was wondering if it is like 2? I started playing that before I realized that it looked almost identical to Geneforge 1. I looked in the scripts and got the plotline, and it WAS pretty much the same. Is Geneforge 3 at all like that? What's new here?

--------------------
The BCTF must obey the law. We do not negotiate with criminals.
- Premier Gordon Campbell, convicted DUI driver
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #1
In my opinion and that of many others at these forums, the plot isn't as complex as that of either Geneforge 1 or 2. There are only two sides you can join, and you're forced to pick one or the other. Gameplay-wise, it's a lot like Geneforge 2, but bigger. If you liked Geneforge 2's gameplay and aren't tired of it yet, you'll probably enjoy Geneforge 3. If you play mainly for the plot, well, at least Geneforge 3 continues the ongoing storyline.

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!
Apprentice
Member # 6488
Profile #2
My main problem with Geneforge 2 was that the plot was exactly the same as Geneforge 1's. If it's different for 3, I'm fine.

--------------------
The BCTF must obey the law. We do not negotiate with criminals.
- Premier Gordon Campbell, convicted DUI driver
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #3
Well, depends what you mean by "exactly the same". The basic premise is pretty much the same as Geneforge 2: "someone's building a Geneforge and there's one group that wants to use it and one group that wants to destroy it". Having said that, though, any two plots are going to sound similar once you summarise them enough.

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!