Khor's Deeps (possible spoilers)

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Khor's Deeps (possible spoilers)
Shaper
Member # 5437
Profile #0
I'm playing as a loyalist and have gotten to Khor's Deeps. I encountered Master Hoge and he was crazy and attacked me. The things is when he died he didn't drop a key to the docks. When I played as a rebel I'm pretty sure he gave me the key. I looted everything and didn't find a key. Where do I find it?
Posts: 2032 | Registered: Wednesday, January 26 2005 08:00
Triad Mage
Member # 7
Profile Homepage #1
I think Khyryk has the key.

--------------------
"At times discretion should be thrown aside, and with the foolish we should play the fool." - Menander
====
Drakefyre's Demesne - Happy Happy Joy Joy
Encyclopedia Ermariana - Trapped in the Closet
====
You can take my Mac when you pry my cold, dead fingers off the mouse!
Posts: 9436 | Registered: Wednesday, September 19 2001 07:00
Shaper
Member # 5437
Profile #2
I've talked to Khryk, and he told me to check out Agatha's mansion. I did that and freed them. He has not offered a key.

Edit: Okay here is how I got the key. There must be another way… I had a theory that Agetha had it. She told me to go to the docks, but she didn't offer a key. I thought if I killed her she would drop it. It appears in G3 you can't attack friendly characters, so I had to steel a lot and get someone to attack me. It worked and I did “dbugkill” so I wouldn't have to fight a bunch of townspeople. Agetha did drop the key I needed. Is this what was supposed to happen?

Edit 2: Email sent.

[ Sunday, April 03, 2005 09:00: Message edited by: Dolphin ]
Triad Mage
Member # 7
Profile Homepage #3
I don't think so. Email Jeff about this.

Oh, and you can attack friendly characters. In combat, press the sword (the rightmost one) and click on a friendly character.

--------------------
"At times discretion should be thrown aside, and with the foolish we should play the fool." - Menander
====
Drakefyre's Demesne - Happy Happy Joy Joy
Encyclopedia Ermariana - Trapped in the Closet
====
You can take my Mac when you pry my cold, dead fingers off the mouse!
Posts: 9436 | Registered: Wednesday, September 19 2001 07:00
Warrior
Member # 5268
Profile #4
While your circumstances may differ, I can confirm that it is possible to obtain the key as a loyalist without killing Agatha. I recall that the path I took was to ask Khyryk for assistance or guidance multiple times.
Shaper
Member # 5437
Profile #5
I went to him about six different times after trying different things and was offered no new response. Even that many was excessive.
Warrior
Member # 5268
Profile #6
Sounds different from my experience. While I visited Khyryk multiple times, it all made sense from a plot perspective and flowed obviously. And I never reached a point such as you have where I was completely stymied.

Given the wide range of possible explanations Jeff would be best placed to identify the problem. I'd be interested in the answer.
Infiltrator
Member # 4592
Profile #7
Hi. You may have already solved this, since it's been a few days.

I was playing a Loyalist, servile-sympathizer. I rescued Agatha, learned about her secrets in her mansion.

Once Agatha was back in Stonespire and the Rogue problem was finally finito in Gull Island I went back to Mr. K (also with the hope to get the Keys since I saw no other place where they could be since I had ramsacked the entire Island (except for the Monastery)) and he did indeed gave me the Key.

If I remember right, there was a dialogue choice that said something along the lines of how do I leave this place, or can you help me more.

Or, he could've offer me the key out of his own voilition after I gave him the brief about the improvement of the situation in the island.

(I had about 9 or 10 of Leadership but that should have absolutely nothing to do with this)

Hope no one else encounters this problem.

--------------------
quote:

"I suffer from spiritual malaise," said Cugel meaningfully. "which manifest itself in outburst of vicious rage. I implore you to depart, lest, in an uncontrollable spasm, I cut you in three pieces with my sword, or worse, I invoke magic."
Random Jack Vance Quote Manual Generator Apparatus (Cugel's Saga)
Lack of Vision
Member # 2717
Profile #8
I finished the game as a Loyalist Shaper, and you do indeed get the key to the docks from K. Here's how:

(1) When you first encounter K in his tower, he tells you to check out Agatha's mansion.

(2) Commit some light-hearted burglary of Agatha's masion - make sure you read her journal!

(3) Go back to K and tell him what the journal said.

(4) K tells you to go rescue Agatha and the imprisoned Shapers.

(5) Rescue the Shapers.

(6) Return to K and tell him of your success - he then tells you that you need to go to the Spear Isle and gives you the dock key.

All done!

--------------------
Pan Lever: Seventeen apple roving mirror moiety. Of turned quorum jaggedly the. Blue?
Shaper
Member # 5437
Profile #9
Here is how it works and doesn't work…

If you go Khyryk he will tell you to investigate Agetha's Mansion. If you read the journal you'll be fine.

If you got to Agetha's Mansion and don't read the journal, but you do free the Shapers you will not be given the key. Jeff said this is an oversight that will be corrected in the next version. It is interesting however that Agethat had the key. I thought I had read the journal, but may not have.
Apprentice
Member # 5686
Profile #10
I'll keep that in mind. I'm trying to take an island a day, and I just got to Gull.

Incidentally, is it normal to be level 27 at the start of gull island?
Electric Sheep One
Member # 3431
Profile #11
I was 30th, playing as a singleton who had grubbed for experience pretty shamelessly.

--------------------
We're not doing cool. We're doing pretty.
Posts: 3335 | Registered: Thursday, September 4 2003 07:00
Apprentice
Member # 4548
Profile #12
Well, I had the same problem getting to the docks in Khor's Deeps. I had no key and I l had ooked everywhere! So I went back to Khyryk but searching all over, I couldn't find him. I may have killed him, sad to say. :( How, I don't know. He's nowhere to be found. And Hoge did not drop the key. But I had released Agatha and knew that she was in Stonespire.

I finally checked this board and saw a suggestion that I kill Agatha. I tried to steal things there but there was nothing to steal. I may have ransacked the place earlier although I tend to be very cautious about stealing.

So having no other solution, I killed Agatha and the key dropped from her grasp. I got it but I had to fight my way out of town and I'm still a bit nervous about going back. (lol)

I think that this may be a legitimate way to get the key if you are playing a loyalist agent and have no other way to get to the docks. The key drops from her and there's a little note saying that.

I'm *not* saying this is in any way a preferred method to get to the docks. Only that if there is no other way from Hoge or Khyryk then... it's a workable last resort.

Bekah

--------------------
No fear, no brains.
J. Joyce.... Ulysses