mined shore... bug or intentional?

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: mined shore... bug or intentional?
Warrior
Member # 6222
Profile #0
ok, so i'm going through the mined shore. Camille tells me she wants help clearing the guards for the mines before if she's gonna disarm them. i tell her to wait there. i figure i'll just clear the mines myself (those mines deal magic damage, usually, which my 300 HP vlish are strongly resistant to anyways), kill the guards, then go back and ask her to disarm them (figured i'd get XP or something for that, which i don't think i did, but i think you have to do that to clear the area anyways, so it's still something you gotta do).

but anyways, so i send my vlish up to "disarm" the mines. nothing happens. so i send the rest of my vlish. still nothing. at this point, i'm kinda curious, so i just sent all my vlish without me to kill off all the guards. 10 minutes later, all the mines are disarmed, i didn't lose XP from other people killing the vlish/turrets, and camille breezes through the process (although for some reason, she's still really really scared to do it). and i didn't have to worry about keeping up with her.

so, like the title says... bug or intentional? i know some mines are supposed to be able to target certain things only... so maybe the mines just don't go off when creations run through or something? (in retrospect, i probably should have stepped on one personally after saving just to test it out, but hey, hindsight is 20/20, you know?)

at any rate, if this is not unique to my game, then this could help out anyone who wants an easier way of getting through this area...

[edited for spelling in the topic... mined, not mind =P ]

[ Wednesday, August 17, 2005 12:51: Message edited by: Jaid ]
Shaper
Member # 5437
Profile #1
The mines are disarmed by spore boxes, which are along the west side of the area. When you say "disarm" do you mean you shut off the spore boxes, or that you activated the mines with creations; if you meant the latter, you'll have to turn off the spore boxes to clear the area.

Camille(sp) will turn off the spore boxes, but sometimes the turrets will kill her or her troops, so I go with them to help with the battles.

[ Wednesday, August 17, 2005 13:14: Message edited by: Zaiu ]
Posts: 2032 | Registered: Wednesday, January 26 2005 08:00
Nuke and Pave
Member # 24
Profile Homepage #2
If I remember correctly, box mines (large blobs that you can disarm directly) trigger whenever any creature gets close, while small mines (the kind you see at the mined shore and some other places) are triggered only by your character (to prevent you from getting past them by blowing them up with your creations).

[ Wednesday, August 17, 2005 13:13: Message edited by: Zeviz ]

--------------------
Be careful with a word, as you would with a sword,
For it too has the power to kill.
However well placed word, unlike a well placed sword,
Can also have the power to heal.
Warrior
Member # 6222
Profile #3
ah, ok... Zeviz got it for me then i guess =P

that was basically what i was wondering... and in answer to your question Zaiu, i meant that i was going to detonate the mines using my creations. i am pretty sure i have done it before in GF 3 to get past those types of mines though... hmmm... maybe just certain ones i guess.

so, the basic thing i was wondering at is the fact that the mines weren't going off when i sent my creations through the minefield (before having Camille disarm them using the sporebox).

so at any rate there you have it... if you are a shaper, it's very doable to clear out all the guards before she even goes to the first sporebox. handy thing to know.