New Player ? Number of Storylines?

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: New Player ? Number of Storylines?
Apprentice
Member # 6086
Profile #0
Bonjour, hallo, hello, et cetera.

I adore the games of Jeff Vogel, and have played them for around six years. In terms of the Geneforge series, however, I have as yet registered only the first game (which I have completed a number of times, achieving what I believe to be all possible endings).

The first Geneforge, of course, involved three factions (namely, the Obeyers, the Awakened and the Takers), and a slightly larger number of endings.

Geneforge 2, as far as I can tell from the demo, seems to have four factions (the more the merrier, eh?), namely the Takers, the Awakened, the followers of Barzahl, and the Shapers. I do not, of course, have any idea about the number of possible outcomes, but I assume that it is fairly large.

Geneforge 3, however, seems to have only two factions, unless the serviles themselves form one independent of Litalia (which seems somewhat unlikely, given the information inferred from the dialogue with Hanna in the Greenwood school). It seems vaguely possible to be a doubting Shaper, questioning beliefs but remaining anti-rebel, but I am not certain that such an approach could be sustained throughout the game.

I have three questions:
1. I am I correct to surmise that there are only two factions in Geneforge 3?
2. If so, why is this?
3. How does the number of endings in Geneforge 3 compare with the number of endings in Geneforge 1?
Triad Mage
Member # 7
Profile Homepage #1
1) There are two factions

2) Why do there need to be more? It wouldn't really make much sense.

3) There are less, but still quite a few.

--------------------
"At times discretion should be thrown aside, and with the foolish we should play the fool." - Menander
====
Drakefyre's Demesne - Happy Happy Joy Joy
Encyclopedia Ermariana - Trapped in the Closet
====
You can take my Mac when you pry my cold, dead fingers off the mouse!
Posts: 9436 | Registered: Wednesday, September 19 2001 07:00
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #2
quote:
Originally written by Lover of GIFTS:

It seems vaguely possible to be a doubting Shaper, questioning beliefs but remaining anti-rebel, but I am not certain that such an approach could be sustained throughout the game.
You can do this, but in general you'll have an easier time of the game if you keep your words in line with your actions. Several characters who can help you out in significant ways will refuse to do so if they don't think you're loyal.

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!