First try dilemma

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: First try dilemma
Infiltrator
Member # 5806
Profile Homepage #0
This is embarassing to admit but when I had installed and started Geneforge III, I could not figure out how to move the character. Perhaps it is because I am using Windows now and not MacOS... Well, just help me out, please.
Nuke and Pave
Member # 24
Profile Homepage #1
Unlike Exile, Geneforge has realtime movement:

1. Select characters. (Click on them with mouse, or press 0 to select all.)
2. Click on the spot on the screen where you want them to go.

--------------------
Be careful with a word, as you would with a sword,
For it too has the power to kill.
However well placed word, unlike a well placed sword,
Can also have the power to heal.
Infiltrator
Member # 5806
Profile Homepage #2
Thank you. Your quick response was appreciated. Hmm... Realtime? I wonder if I will be able to play it on my old upgraded Macintosh Performa 5400HD with a G3 400MHZ.
Nuke and Pave
Member # 24
Profile Homepage #3
This is what Spidweb webpage lists for system requirements:
"PC Running Windows 98 or later or Macintosh with System 8.1 or later, 30 MB free RAM, 40 MB hard drive space, 800x600 screen resolution with 16 bit color. Geneforge 3 runs natively under Macintosh OS X."

I was able to run Geneforge fine on my old computer, which had worse stats than yours, so you should have no problems. Jeff is pretty good at making his games run well on older machines.

--------------------
Be careful with a word, as you would with a sword,
For it too has the power to kill.
However well placed word, unlike a well placed sword,
Can also have the power to heal.
Mongolian Barbeque
Member # 1528
Profile #4
That's one of my favorite things about Spiderweb games: the low system requirements. Er, even though I now have a really good computer with lots of RAM and fast processor, I prefer the games I play to be "easy" on the machine. Probably the most demanding game I have is Stronghold, which even on my new iMac G5 is kinda sluggish. And the ridiculous things is that it came out over two years ago for Mac! It's an "old" game already! That really annoys me. I never have that problem with any Spiderweb games. Very nice, and much appreciated.

Yes, it took me a while to get used to the movement system when the first Geneforge came out. I still miss using the arrow keys to move my characters around, though. You can't just hold down one of them to navigate a long, emtpy stretch, you have to find an area you know you can get to, click on it, wait for the characters to get there, find another spot, click, etc. This is especially true when exploring a new area. It's a bit cumbersome, but you get used to it.

[ Wednesday, June 29, 2005 12:39: Message edited by: Icshi ]