Typical Nubie Questions?

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Typical Nubie Questions?
Apprentice
Member # 3347
Profile #0
Are we really into the third geneforge game without those friendly talking spiders?

Is there any way to delete your saves and start with a clean slate with out doing a reinstall?

It seems that the first time I played the basement I came out with 4 spells. You start with minor heal and firebolt, and I found war blessing, but it seems that I found cure effects somewhere down there?

Is there anyway to change my players name or colors after I start? I went to Green, to follow my politics and find I sometimes don't notice that I am poisoned.

I'd hoped my hintbook would be in mail today, but it didn't show. It will look so good on my shelf with all the others since Exile 1.
A note to other first-timers, get the hintbook as Sir Vogel's games are so complicated they are almost impossible to play without them.

--------------------
“Where did this apple come from?”
--Alan Turing
Lifecrafter
Member # 54
Profile #1
1. Yes.

2. Open the Geneforge 3 folder, and then Geneforge 3 Files. Inside there are several folders which are used to store save slots. Open one of them and delete the items data, header, items, and journal inside to clear the slot.

3. I didn't find Cure Effects in the basement on my last playthrough. There are three people who will train you in it; the first one is in South End.

4. Not that I'm aware of.

(674)
Apprentice
Member # 3606
Profile #2
ah about this

"A note to other first-timers, get the hintbook as Sir Vogel's games are so complicated they are almost impossible to play without them."

not really or at all complex
exile games where somewhat complex to understand, but starting with avernum it wasn't that hard.
Geneforge 3 is probably the easiest to understand and the hint book is not at all needed.
Unless you trying to get a full set.