Female Guardian Graphics?

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Female Guardian Graphics?
Infiltrator
Member # 65
Profile Homepage #0
I was checking out the G3 screenshots (again, since there's nothing else to do before the game comes out) when I noticed the guardian graphic in several of the screens looked distinctly female.

Perhaps this means a choice for a male or female guardian at last.

--------------------
Milla-Displacer Beastie

This is also a good site
Warrior
Member # 5619
Profile Homepage #1
What about male agent? I don't see them on any of the GF3 screenshot.

--------------------
If you fail to plan, you plan to fail.
Warrior
Member # 4278
Profile Homepage #2
I'd play a female shaper.

But what about a female fyora/cryoa/etc? You know what they say about the female of the species...

--------------------
Pathological Jerk
Jerking at Spiderweb since 1999
Warrior
Member # 5619
Profile Homepage #3
Well The Ripper you should add your idea into The GF3 wish list months ago......

--------------------
Infiltrator
Member # 4592
Profile #4
Kind of sort of in topic but not really:

Why can Agents change their colors? Is this a dye? Is this part of whatever training or thingy that they undergo when they become Agents?

--------------------
quote:

"I suffer from spiritual malaise," said Cugel meaningfully. "which manifest itself in outburst of vicious rage. I implore you to depart, lest, in an uncontrollable spasm, I cut you in three pieces with my sword, or worse, I invoke magic."
Random Jack Vance Quote Manual Generator Apparatus (Cugel's Saga)
Shaper
Member # 5437
Profile #5
The Agent is distinctly female and the Guardian distinctly male, but I felt okay playing either. It would be nice to have an option, but it doesn't bother me.
Posts: 2032 | Registered: Wednesday, January 26 2005 08:00
Mongolian Barbeque
Member # 1528
Profile #6
I originally played as a Shaper first time through both games, but during repeated playings as a Guardian and Agent, I've found that an Agent suits my playing style best — combat and magic, no shaping. The fact that the Agent graphic is female doesn't bother me one bit. In fact, when I play as an Agent I sort of pretend I'm a female character. And before any of you out there get any ideas, no, I don't bend both ways. If I can read an SF book, written from the point of view of an intelligent squid-like creature that reproduces via fission — and can comfortably put myself in its place throughout the story, reading it as if I were the central character and vicarious experiencing their adventure — then putting myself in the place of a female central character can't be too much of a stretch.

I do however think that graphics for female Guardians and male Agents would be a good idea, if only to reflect the fact that such professions aren't gender-specific in Shaper society.
Triad Mage
Member # 7
Profile Homepage #7
That is a male Guardian graphic. He's just very muscular.

--------------------
"At times discretion should be thrown aside, and with the foolish we should play the fool." - Menander
====
Drakefyre's Demesne - Happy Happy Joy Joy
Encyclopedia Ermariana - Trapped in the Closet
====
You can take my Mac when you pry my cold, dead fingers off the mouse!
Posts: 9436 | Registered: Wednesday, September 19 2001 07:00
Mongolian Barbeque
Member # 1528
Profile #8
Well, in that case, he's got oddly-shaped muscles in very strange places!
Warrior
Member # 5619
Profile Homepage #9
Yep I argee with Icshi! the Guardian is oddly muscular in a very strange places!!

--------------------
Warrior
Member # 5363
Profile Homepage #10
Who knows, maybe the reason guardians have misplaced muscles is the same reason that an agent can somehow change colors..., or maybe its all part of training.

--------------------
Learn from others mistakes. Its safer
and more entertaining than learning on your own.
Shaper
Member # 5437
Profile #11
It may be difficult to draw the muscles to be more than two-dimensional without them looking a little like breasts.
Posts: 2032 | Registered: Wednesday, January 26 2005 08:00
Mongolian Barbeque
Member # 1528
Profile #12
I think the most likely explanation is that this particular Guardian fell prey to one of Barzahl's infamous practical-joke canisters...

UNSUSPECTING GUARDIAN: "So, this canister will make me incredibly buff, right?"

BARZAHL: "Yes indeed. This is how I reward all who faithfully follow me. It will give you power beyond all your wildest imaginings."

UNSUSPECTING GUARDIAN then with quavering hands eagerly reaches forward and breaks the fragile glass top, reveling in the flow of augmentation goo as it spreads over his body, changing him.

UNSUSPECTING GUARDIAN then steps back to admire his new physique. "Hey, what the he--"

BARZAHL: <uncontrollabe laughter>

Ah, that old joker! Always the mischievous one. Guaranteed to break the ice at parties. :P
Infiltrator
Member # 4592
Profile #13
These threads make the waiting so much easier.

IMAGE(http://www.f4g.net/vb/images/smilies/ROTFLMAO.gif)

--------------------
quote:

"I suffer from spiritual malaise," said Cugel meaningfully. "which manifest itself in outburst of vicious rage. I implore you to depart, lest, in an uncontrollable spasm, I cut you in three pieces with my sword, or worse, I invoke magic."
Random Jack Vance Quote Manual Generator Apparatus (Cugel's Saga)
Infiltrator
Member # 5566
Profile #14
quote:
Originally written by buried spelunker cowry:

These threads make the waiting so much easier.

IMAGE(http://www.f4g.net/vb/images/smilies/ROTFLMAO.gif)

oh ya go open you're front door you wont be laughing for long

[ Monday, March 28, 2005 06:57: Message edited by: hawk king ]
Apprentice
Member # 5540
Profile #15
That'll teach that guardian for using canisters.
Warrior
Member # 6368
Profile Homepage #16
oh jeesh lol :D thats so funny rofl

--------------------
MMORPG developed by jagex ltd. Join RuneScape.com today!

hawk kings editor edited by me for geneforge 2
http://www.ironycentral.com/cgi-bin/ubb/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=16&t=000906#00 0000
Lifecrafter
Member # 3171
Profile Homepage #17
Thats possibly the most pointless revival I've ever seen.
Warrior
Member # 6368
Profile Homepage #18
well, maybe ill leave forums cause i dont feel welcome anymore... im sorry if i revive stupid posts that are worthless that no one needs,but noone wants to forgive me and just complains about it,so i dont think ill post anymore from now on

--------------------

http://www.ironycentral.com/cgi-bin/ubb/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=16&t=000906#00 0000
Lifecrafter
Member # 3171
Profile Homepage #19
If you simply learned to get along with the community and learn what they do and don't like (also possibly obtain some decent grammar) then you'd feel far more at home and people would accept you better. Also, you remind me a heck of a lot of ice drake and possibly are him.
Too Sexy for my Title
Member # 5654
Profile #20
There is no need to insult the kid in that way, Kingy. Green Kid: you've been here long enough to know that nobody likes people to revive topics, and specially if it is to add "that was funny" to it. I'm sorry if you feel underappreciated, and I would really hate to see you gone. It is hard to adjust to a community that has this many old active members; nonetheless, you have to try harder in order to make it in here. You should learn to go by the community's rules: no double posting, no reviving old topics, no insulting, no spammming, etc. I would hate to see you leave, so just try to make a greater effort. If not, Nice To Meet You !!!! and take care.

[ Thursday, October 06, 2005 09:00: Message edited by: Marlenny ]
Warrior
Member # 6368
Profile Homepage #21
thanks len and I will try harder.

And kingy... thanks for concerning about my grammer.
:rolleyes:

--------------------