Icy End is angry now

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Icy End is angry now
Electric Sheep One
Member # 3431
Profile #0
I seem to have angered Icy End (as a rebel), and they won't forgive me. The only bad thing I did was clear out the Vat Core. Okay, I guess killing all their golems was bad. Akhari Blaze and Litalia don't mind, though, so why is Icy End so upset? It's a bit annoying, because I really wanted to get that piece of cake, and now I'll never find out what it would have done.

Is there any way I could have gotten the Left Access Bracelet without angering Icy End?

--------------------
We're not doing cool. We're doing pretty.
Posts: 3335 | Registered: Thursday, September 4 2003 07:00
Shaper
Member # 5437
Profile #1
I don't know why this would upset them. I'll go try a few things and post what I find. In the mean time a last resort would be to the codes “pleaselikeme” and “forgiveme”. Golems aren't major characters, so they should work.

Edit: I went and cleared out the Vat Core and returned to Icy End. Everyone in town were still allies. I killed all the Golems, disabled the pools, and took the Access Bracelet. Did you do anything else that may upset the Rebels?

[ Friday, May 06, 2005 13:23: Message edited by: Dolphin ]
Posts: 2032 | Registered: Wednesday, January 26 2005 08:00
Electric Sheep One
Member # 3431
Profile #2
Ah, I told the Servant Mind in the Mushroom Cave to unlock the doors to the Vat Core for me. That's silly if that is what did it.

Forgiveme etc. don't work, so I must have done something really bad.

--------------------
Shaper
Member # 5437
Profile #3
I had the mind open the doors as well, still no attack.
Electric Sheep One
Member # 3431
Profile #4
Sheesh, what else did I do? I opened up the Benerii-Eo south gate; but the guards nearby didn't mind. I walked through that snippy Drakon's little canister lab to get there, but he didn't mind, even when I ate his canisters (well, I did that behind his back). (When I first met him before that he gave me a dialog in which the only response I got, in my canister-mad state, was a challenge, but I just clicked out of it and he ignored me thereafter.)

At the moment I'm taking a breather before delivering a package to Lord Rahul, in this charming little resort behind the Monastery of Tears. The shopping is great but the service sets a new low. (And I have to say I'm finding it quite a bit tougher with my Shaper, with Greta, two Ur-Glaahk meat-shields and three Gazers, than I found it with my singleton Agent last game; on the other hand, last game I left it for last, so I was higher level.)

--------------------
Shaper
Member # 5437
Profile #5
By snippy Drakon do you mean Khrazass Crafter? I not only used his canisters to his face, I believe I also threatened to destroy him. He was very amused and condescending about my attempts to enrage him. He said he sees I have used his canisters and that he has shaped me. Either he directly said or he insinuated that I was like his child or pet. He wasn't mad at all.
Electric Sheep One
Member # 3431
Profile #6
That's the guy. I guess I should have stepped to him; sounds like a nice dialog.

I still don't know just how I put my foot in my mouth for Icy End.

--------------------
Apprentice
Member # 3115
Profile #7
Did you anger / kill the drakon Khossos in the Spire Forest on the north east corner of the Isle of Spears?

That made Icy End hate me.

--------------------
Consciousness (n): That annoying period between naps.
Electric Sheep One
Member # 3431
Profile #8
I did kill him, but Icy End was still cool with me after that. Killing his vat-brood riled them, so I went back to a save before that. But killing Khossos himself seemed to be karmically neutral.

--------------------
Shaper
Member # 5437
Profile #9
I tried killing Khossos and his brood in the shaping vats. Icy End attacked me after that as well. That must have been what you did to upset them, and there was a delayed reaction. There are a few places in the game where SDFs set, but at the same time they don't. I did however kill Khossos after finishing the Geneforge without upsetting anyone.
Electric Sheep One
Member # 3431
Profile #10
It is only killing the brood that upsets them, I believe; Khossos didn't seem to be a problem. I undid the brood-killing by saveloading, then went in and out of Icy End many times before they suddenly went ballistic.

--------------------