Greta's upgrade from Khyryk (solved?)

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Greta's upgrade from Khyryk (solved?)
Electric Sheep One
Member # 3431
Profile #0
I've tried Seletine's cheat code 'sdf 101 27 2' to correct the Khyryk-upgrade-Greta bug. But I'm not noticing anything different in Greta's attack now. It still seems to be a searer, and it doesn't seem to do much more damage. What is the Khyryk upgrade supposed to do? Is that code really effective?

[ Thursday, May 05, 2005 10:33: Message edited by: Student of Trinity ]

--------------------
We're not doing cool. We're doing pretty.
Posts: 3335 | Registered: Thursday, September 4 2003 07:00
Warrior
Member # 1668
Profile #1
I got the upgrade from him legitimately, and didn't notice any substantive difference in Greta's whuppin' skill. I wonder if it's just ineffectual (or doesn't improve you beyond the previous purchased upgrade)?

--------------------
"Mongo only pawn in game of life" -- Mongo
Electric Sheep One
Member # 3431
Profile #2
Did you really get it? Did you lose your 3000 coins? There is supposed to be a bug that prevents it from happening, and it definitely happened to me. Kept clicking on the appropriate dialog, kept getting the response about her training being effective, but never lost the money and never got anything.

After seeing Seletine's idea, I checked through the script for Greta's previous upgrade, from Gretchen. Sure enough, there seem to be a few lines missing from the Khyryk dialog script, in comparison.

Problem is that this is not the whole problem. I can edit the script so that it sets the appropriate flag and drops me 3000 coins, and those things both work. Seletine's cheat code also works to set the flag, since it does remove the Greta-training dialog option from Khyryk's dialog.

None of these things actually upgrades Greta's attack any. Her Searer doesn't get any better, and it certainly doesn't change into an Ice Lance (as Khyryk's words about teaching her a new spell strongly suggest).

So the bug appears to be in how the engine responds to the stuff done flag, not just in the failure of the script to set the flag. Looks like we will just have to wait for G3 1.0.2 or so.

Which means, I guess, that I have to put this game on hold for a while, since I've done just about all I can do without killing Khyryk.

[ Wednesday, May 04, 2005 16:27: Message edited by: Student of Trinity ]

--------------------
Warrior
Member # 5268
Profile #3
Well the sdf hint from Seletine worked for me. She ended up with a pretty powerful essence orbs attack if I recall correctly - at the very least it was blue instead of green and didn't do acid damage any more.
Electric Sheep One
Member # 3431
Profile #4
Yeah, now it worked for me too, and Greta has a nifty multi-strike blue attack. What I seem to have done differently this time was (a) use the sdf in Khyryk's Tower (actually I used my modified script that took my 3000 too), instead of somewhere else, and (b) then leave the zone before trying Greta's attack. The last time I had Greta attack Khyryk right away, and a plain old Searer came out. This time I took a little jaunt back and forth to Stonespire, and when we came back she had blue rays.

--------------------
Apprentice
Member # 3115
Profile #5
The sdf thing didn't work for me either, and Greta is supposedly upgraded, though (even though I'm using 1.0.1) there was no change.
Of course Khyryk is dead now, so if that stops the game from correcting the upgrade... oh well.

--------------------
Consciousness (n): That annoying period between naps.