Where is the Key to Metal Works - G3

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Where is the Key to Metal Works - G3
Apprentice
Member # 8427
Profile #0
HI

There is Phasia's metal works on overgrown road. It requires 16 living tools and i long since gave up carrying that many cause they are too heavy when they add up. Is there a key someplace I missed? The FAQ doesn't mention any problem with getting into the place.

Thanks in advance
Shock Trooper
Member # 7662
Profile #1
Have you talked to the merchant Phasia himself in the SW quarter of Dhonal South Keep? He gives you a key and a quest here.

As for the alarming and dangerous weight of Living Tools&, I always drop them on the ground when entering an unexplored zone. Ditto anything else that might cause an encumbrance penalty. You can always go back to the zone entry and get the Tools when you are sure that you will need them.

Anything that requires 6+ Tools to open may have some easier means of opening anyway, a lever nearby or a reward for completing a quest.

[ Tuesday, April 03, 2007 02:37: Message edited by: Ishad Nha ]
Apprentice
Member # 8427
Profile #2
HI

Thanks for writing back. He gave me a quest but not a key. I'll go back.

Regards
snow
Warrior
Member # 8338
Profile #3
You never receive physical keys in G3. They are, instead, entered as "Speical Items" in that section of your quest log. Since you have Phasia's quest you should be able to enter the metalworks without any difficulties.

As for encumberance, I tend to select a place on a map that has a lot of loot and drop off loads while I explore the area. Then I pick it all up and head to town to sort and sell. If there's too much for me to carry including all my potions, charms and spores I drop said charms and potions to make room since I'll be back on that map on my return trip regardless. I highly recommend the "exitzone" cheatcode (without quotes) to make the game faster.
Electric Sheep One
Member # 3431
Profile #4
Just don't use exitzone when you're underground. You'll be sent back to the start, at the school, which can be quite a pain if you were on a later island.

--------------------
We're not doing cool. We're doing pretty.
Posts: 3335 | Registered: Thursday, September 4 2003 07:00
Warrior
Member # 8338
Profile #5
Ah, true that.

Although I did find that usefull if I needed to go back to restock via the item editor. (I changed it so it would give me the things I actually want like Libing Tools and Reaper Thorns).
Apprentice
Member # 8427
Profile #6
I was actually wrong about the quest. I thought that finding the daughter was a quest, but it turned out I had missed a whole set of dialogue options by accident and when I went back i found them and got the key.

snow
Warrior
Member # 8338
Profile #7
Oh, you'll find his daughter (you likely have already). She's a bit of a twat her :(