Incredibly annoying....

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Incredibly annoying....
Shaper
Member # 22
Profile #0
Does Jeff just point blank refuse to cater for laptops?

I notice that for Geneforge 3 on a laptop, the command for Quicksave and the Mute button are the same (F3). This wouldn't be a problem is the command for Quicksave actually worked on a laptop, which it does not - it simply mutes whatever I happen to be listening to at the time.

I'll send this off as a bug report unless anybody can tell me if there's any way of solving this. My previous experience with Spiderweb is that Jeff makes it impossible to change the keys that you use for the game, for some odd reason.

Any clues?
Warrior
Member # 5523
Profile #1
F3 is the mute hot key on a mac laptop. change your hotkeys in your system prefs

--------------------
“Medicine, Law, Business, Engineering - These are noble pursuits and necessary to sustain life. But Poetry, Beauty, Romance, Love-These are what we alive stay for.”
Shaper
Member # 22
Profile #2
I was hoping I wouldn't have to do that (precarious hot key set up on my Mac), but I suppose there's no real alternative.

Still, I think this is a problem that should be addressed.
Shaper
Member # 22
Profile #3
Ah, figured it out, for future reference.. Function key + F3 fixes it.
Warrior
Member # 5268
Profile #4
To make it clear for all the other laptop users out there: You can toggle the behaviour of your F keys - using the keyboard preferences you need to have the option 'Use the f1-f12 keys for custom actions' checked so that G3 works as normal and you hit fn-F3 or whatever for all the special actions.