Hint book - worth buying?

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Hint book - worth buying?
Warrior
Member # 5701
Profile #0
Been playing GF3 a lot lately and have managed to work out some of the quests on my own. Obviously there's plenty of potential here for replayability, so I was wondering if the hint book is worth buying to peruse through after finishing the game to catch all the stuff I missed?

I've never opted for a hint book with any of the Spidweb games. Are they complete walkthrough guides? Or do they only give you vague clues for certain problem areas? I appreciate any insight! :)
Apprentice
Member # 5667
Profile #1
The hintbook will tell you everything you could possibly want to know. It's up to you whether that is worthwile or not. For example, I would have never gotten into the ancient temple in GF1 except for the hintbook, but I don't think there are any such areas in GF3 that require that level of coordination (i.e. going to each dry waste in counterclockwise order, touching the pylons, yada, yaad, yada...).

--------------------
Whatever happens, happens.
Infiltrator
Member # 4592
Profile #2
I get all the Hint books, but that's just me being anal retentive.

They are alright. But sooner or later there'll be a Walkthrough for Geneforge 3, and you can always come to the boards and ask your questions.

So, if you have better uses for the 7 bucks or so that it costs, don't bother.

[ Wednesday, April 20, 2005 09:27: Message edited by: bogus standard candidate ]

--------------------
quote:

"I suffer from spiritual malaise," said Cugel meaningfully. "which manifest itself in outburst of vicious rage. I implore you to depart, lest, in an uncontrollable spasm, I cut you in three pieces with my sword, or worse, I invoke magic."
Random Jack Vance Quote Manual Generator Apparatus (Cugel's Saga)
Apprentice
Member # 5734
Profile #3
dont buy it just yet. I'm gonna set up a website for stuff like that because iknow i lotta good links for free cheats and hints. if u want any hints i can get u some. but first i gotta check my source.

--------------------
need cheat codes or hints visit my webpage. http://www.webspawner.com/users/mikkyo/index.html
Apprentice
Member # 5734
Profile #4
ok i have the webpage up, but i havent worked out quite all the wrinkles. But u can go to mikkyo's cheats and hints for mac

--------------------
need cheat codes or hints visit my webpage. http://www.webspawner.com/users/mikkyo/index.html
Warrior
Member # 5167
Profile #5
link work, but if i try to go to the geneforge place, the page just dosnt appear.

--------------------
Finished Sub2 levels:
Shop"keep"er
Machinery Complex
Machinery Complex2
Machinery Complex3
Machinery Complex4
Munchkin City
In progress:
None
Abandonned:
T.E.L.E.P.O.R.T
Sub-Way
Warrior
Member # 5701
Profile #6
I think I'll get the book anyway. I'm curious as to how they look and the info they contain.
Apprentice
Member # 5734
Profile #7
thats more likely a problem with your browser.

--------------------