Newbie questions:

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: Newbie questions:
Warrior
Member # 6322
Profile #25
and I am guessing you find the newer spells?

Also, is it just me or is the game horribly unbalanced? Some hard quests give no xp because by the time you can do it, you are too high. Too many areas give little to no xp(5 per enemy)... I know the game is non-linear, but I never had such problems with Fallout... Does it get better balanced in 2 and 3?
Triad Mage
Member # 7
Profile Homepage #26
A lot of happens because you don't need to do every quest and clear every area to win the game. When you try to be comprehensive and get *everything*, you gain levels quickly, which makes certain areas give low XP.

--------------------
"At times discretion should be thrown aside, and with the foolish we should play the fool." - Menander
====
Drakefyre's Demesne - Happy Happy Joy Joy
Encyclopedia Ermariana - Trapped in the Closet
====
You can take my Mac when you pry my cold, dead fingers off the mouse!
Posts: 9436 | Registered: Wednesday, September 19 2001 07:00
Electric Sheep One
Member # 3431
Profile #27
If you crave higher rewards, you can try to push your luck by tackling tougher areas early. This is self-limiting, in the sense that your bigger XP rewards make you gain levels faster, and you can find yourself with half of the endgame still to go, and already invincible. If this is happening, and you've already cranked the difficulty level to Torment, then that's all there is to it, I'm afraid. You can play hopscotch in the Inner Crypt, or just finish the game off, to see how the story ends, and go on to the next in the series.

--------------------
We're not doing cool. We're doing pretty.
Posts: 3335 | Registered: Thursday, September 4 2003 07:00
Triad Mage
Member # 7
Profile Homepage #28
Geneforge 1, more than its successors, hits the level cap quickly. After you gain the first 15 levels or so very quickly, it takes ages to gain the next 15.

--------------------
"At times discretion should be thrown aside, and with the foolish we should play the fool." - Menander
====
Drakefyre's Demesne - Happy Happy Joy Joy
Encyclopedia Ermariana - Trapped in the Closet
====
You can take my Mac when you pry my cold, dead fingers off the mouse!
Posts: 9436 | Registered: Wednesday, September 19 2001 07:00
Agent
Member # 5814
Profile #29
You can always tack on ten levels or so to every enemy monster. That wouldn't make combat more interesting, but it certainly would become harder and give more xp...

--------------------
quote:
Originally written by Kelandon
Well, I'm at least pretty

Pages