Creature Numbers and Scripts

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Creature Numbers and Scripts
Guardian
Member # 6670
Profile Homepage #0
I've been working on a custom script to cover all the 'non-vital' NPCs in my scenario (loosely based on TM's 'Commoner'). At first, I had the conversation based on the value of a memory cell, like Commoner. Then I though that a call finding the creature's number (not ID number, but the number that separates a townsman from a soldier, for example) would do as well. A quick once-over of the Call Reference didn't turn up any results. However, I know that this reference misses some calls, such as the creature defining calls.

Does a call exist that returns the number of a creature, or am I stuck with the choice of inputing memory cells for each NPC or creating a different version of the script for each creature number?

--------------------
The BoA Editor forum needs loving too.
Agent
Member # 5814
Profile #1
Search for (ctrl + F) "creature type" in Basic Character Calls.

--------------------
quote:
Originally written by Kelandon
Well, I'm at least pretty

Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #2
Specifically, creature_type is what you're looking for.

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.
Smoo: Get ready to face the walls!
Ephesos: In conclusion, yarr.

Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!!: the authorized location for all things by me
The Archive of all released BoE scenarios ever
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00
Guardian
Member # 6670
Profile Homepage #3
What I was looking for is something that will do the following: if the creature number is 74, 76, or 78, I know it is a 'Townsman'. If it is 75, 77, or 79, I know it is a 'Townswoman' (the number you see in the BoA Scenario Editor; sorry if I was unclear).

Does creature_type return this number, or does it return the species of the creature (human, slith, undead, etc.)?

--------------------
IF I EVER BECOME AN EVIL OVERLORD:
I will not employ robots as agents of destruction if there is any possible way that they can be re-programmed or if their battery packs are externally mounted and easily removable.
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #4
If you read the documentation on it, you'd know.

The answer is yes, though: it returns the actual number, not just the species.

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.
Smoo: Get ready to face the walls!
Ephesos: In conclusion, yarr.

Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!!: the authorized location for all things by me
The Archive of all released BoE scenarios ever
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00
Guardian
Member # 6670
Profile Homepage #5
... stupid WikiBooks and ambiguious one-line descriptions. Perhaps calling the creature's number its type interferes with my D&D mindset.

--------------------
IF I EVER BECOME AN EVIL OVERLORD:
Despite the delicious irony, I will not force two heroes to fight each other in the arena.