3D Editor not working

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: 3D Editor not working
Lifecrafter
Member # 4682
Profile #0
I got my version of the 3D editor a few months ago and it worked fine. Today, when I tried to use it either right after I tried to make a new scenario or open an old one, it would quit. I downloaded the newest version and tried that one, and the same thing happened. The only thing that's changed about the computer is that we upgraded the OS to 10.4. Does anyone have any ideas why it's not working?

--------------------
Do not underestimate the power of the mechanical pencil.

Join the Dark side. We have cookies.

Played in:
Fiddler on the Roof
Bye Bye Birdie

"Hey, Patrick, feel this random pipe. It's squishy"-Nils
The Establishment
Member # 6
Profile #1
OS 10.4 would be what did it. What I would suggest is uninstalling all Blades of Avernum related files, reinstalling the newest version of Blades of Avernum, and then reinstalling the 3D editor. If it still does not work, give a more detailed explanation of the error.

--------------------
Your flower power is no match for my glower power!
Posts: 3726 | Registered: Tuesday, September 18 2001 07:00
Lifecrafter
Member # 4682
Profile #2
It's still not working. It just quits and says Blades of Avernum unexpectedly quit.

--------------------

Played in:
Fiddler on the Roof
Bye Bye Birdie

Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #3
Do you have any problems with any other Spiderweb-related products? Like, say, the BoA app itself?

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.
Smoo: Get ready to face the walls!
Ephesos: In conclusion, yarr.

Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!!: the authorized location for all things by me
The Archive of all released BoE scenarios ever
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00
Shock Trooper
Member # 4557
Profile #4
This bug was fixed in the latest version. Taking this combined with what TM experienced in the importing of towns is leading me to believe that there is something wrong with the current file release on Sourceforge. Since I don't have a Mac I can't tell for sure. Could someone else with OS X 10.4 redownload the latest version of the editor and see if it works?

Oh, and just to make sure its the same bug, Nicothodes, try using the About option in the Help menu and see if the program crashes.

Also, just in case this bug doesn't get fixed quickly, you should know the original editor on Spiderweb's website should work.

[ Thursday, December 29, 2005 18:39: Message edited by: KernelKnowledge12 ]
Lifecrafter
Member # 4682
Profile #5
Yeah, it's the same bug. *sighs* I know the other editor will work, but I really prefer to be able to see how the scenario will look in the game without constantly moving the file from folder to folder. :mad:

--------------------

Played in:
Fiddler on the Roof
Bye Bye Birdie

The Establishment
Member # 6
Profile #6
You shouldn't have to move the file I believe. You should be able to open it directly in the folder with all the other scenarios. At least that's how it works on the Mac.

--------------------
Your flower power is no match for my glower power!
Posts: 3726 | Registered: Tuesday, September 18 2001 07:00
Infiltrator
Member # 3040
Profile #7
I tried downloading the latest version recently (about 2 days ago) and found that it was actually version 1.02b5 rather than b6. I went ahead and downloaded the source to b6 and compiled it.

EDIT:

If anyone would like my compiled version of 1.02b6, you can find it here. It runs on my system, 10.4.3. I didn't test it specifically for the bugs mentioned, but if the bugs have been fixed as claimed, there should be no problems. NOTE: The info window says that its version is 1.02b5. This is wrong. It is actually b6.
http://s7.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=3ULN5RO6NQTZJ20SQ00GU7R6D7

[ Thursday, December 29, 2005 22:34: Message edited by: wz. arsenic... ]

--------------------
Shock Trooper
Member # 4557
Profile #8
If you don't mind, could you email it to kernelknowledge (at) users (dot) sourceforge (dot) net, so I can load it onto SourceForge. Thank you for your help.

EDIT:

Nevermind.

EDIT:

The correct version should be on SourceForge, but it contains no documentation, as I was too lazy to download Stuffit again.

[ Thursday, December 29, 2005 23:12: Message edited by: KernelKnowledge12 ]
Infiltrator
Member # 3040
Profile #9
Jinx!

--------------------
Shock Trooper
Member # 4557
Profile #10
IMAGE(http://adweek.blogs.com/photos/uncategorized/coke_can1.jpg)

Bah! Take it and leave me be!