checking for dead characters

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: checking for dead characters
Apprentice
Member # 5821
Profile #0
I've made a series of special items that when used run a scenario script state that checks for hostiles within a certain distance and damages them in a certain way. These work fine except that it is possible to use more than one during a combat round. when the second one is used it acts as if characters killed by the first item are still in their places. Can anyone tell me if there's a way of either

A. getting the script to check if a character is alive or not before trying to attack it (i tried char_status and char_ok but it came up with an inappropriate command error) or

B. ending the round after the item has been used

thanks
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #1
A. The call char_ok checks this.

B. The call deduct_ap should be able to accomplish this (although make sure you're using the latest version of BoA). If I've somehow misunderstood you and you intend to end a monster's combat turn, not the PC's, use end_combat_turn.

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.
Smoo: Get ready to face the walls!
Ephesos: In conclusion, yarr.

Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!!: the authorized location for all things by me
The Archive of all released BoE scenarios ever
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00
Apprentice
Member # 5821
Profile #2
according to the docs deduct_ap only works in a creature script. i'm looking for something to go in the scenario script state that operates the item. i tried char_ok but the game came up with Inappropriate Command
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #3
quote:
Originally written by Angarahad:

according to the docs deduct_ap only works in a creature script.
This has been changed for the most recent version of BoA. Try it; it ought to work.

quote:
Originally written by Angarahad:

i tried char_ok but the game came up with Inappropriate Command
The call char_ok was not the problem, then. You must've typed something else wrong.

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.
Smoo: Get ready to face the walls!
Ephesos: In conclusion, yarr.

Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!!: the authorized location for all things by me
The Archive of all released BoE scenarios ever
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00
Apprentice
Member # 5821
Profile #4
yeah, deduct_ap does work in the scenario script. problem solved.

thanks