Let's debug the editor doc?

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Let's debug the editor doc?
Infiltrator
Member # 4637
Profile Homepage #0
I've been reading the doc and I've found some errors. I don't have it with me right now, so I'll post later the errors I've found. But here's a sample:

It is explained that the engine solves mathematical expressions from right to left, instead of the normal way (left to right), so "9-3-3 is 0, not 3". Let's see: 3-3=0, 0-9=-9. It's -9, not 0. Or am I missing something?

But this example is an harmless error, there are others that will make us confused (until we try it).

There's some other errors, let's debug the doc (we have it in .doc format, so we can then make a reviewed version ;) )?

Anyway, let me just say that for a 110 page document, it's well written. At least the first 70 pages i've read. :)

[ Sunday, July 11, 2004 11:45: Message edited by: Overwhelming ]

--------------------
Visit the Blades of Avernum Center
and the Beta Testing Center

--------------
"Beware lest anyone cheat you through philosophy and empty deceit, according to the tradition of men, according to the basic principles of the world, and not according to Christ." Colossians 2:6-9
Agent
Member # 2820
Profile #1
The Blades of AVernum Cookbook is a slightly less in depth tutorial for the editor written in a slightly more user friendly way. I'd like to just append examples, clarifications, and references to different sections in the original documentation.

By the way, when he says the calculations are done right to left, he means that the right term is the first one evaluated. So 10-4 isn't 4-10, but rather (-4)+(+10). But I still don't see sense in saying 9-3-3=0 so maybe my interpretation is incorrect.

There was an old bug in which subtraction would be done instead of addition.

--------------------
Thuryl: I mean, most of us don't go around consuming our own bodily fluids, no matter how delicious they are.
====
Alorael: War and violence would end if we all had each other's babies!
====
Drakefyre: Those are hideous mangos.
Apprentice
Member # 4656
Profile #2
On page 72, all three examples for the OR operator are given using AND instead. Specifically, the docs claim:

(0 > 1) && (3 > 2) // true

Oopsie. :P

--------------------
I ain't no ******* son of a *****.
You better think about it, baby.
Infiltrator
Member # 4637
Profile Homepage #3
I noticed that one too. :) There is another that I thought it was an error, but I wonder if it's me who's not understanding. I'll copy here for you to judge. :)

--------------------
Visit the Blades of Avernum Center
and the Beta Testing Center

--------------
"Beware lest anyone cheat you through philosophy and empty deceit, according to the tradition of men, according to the basic principles of the world, and not according to Christ." Colossians 2:6-9