debug mode still doesn't work (for me)

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: debug mode still doesn't work (for me)
Apprentice
Member # 3517
Profile #0
Downloaded the new BoA with Debug mode enabled <btw, why not just a patch? It can't be more than a few byte of code that were changed.> and tried it again. No go.

Yes, I have put the turn_on_debug_mode() statement in my scenario script, and yes, I have used "} =" (that is SHIFT + ] then =, right?), still no go. I tried using SHIFT + g (ghost mode), etc, none of them work for me.

Does someone have this working?

Any help appreciated!

regards,

mrb

P.S. I do get the 'Debug mode enabled' dialog when loading the scenario, so some part of it is initialized.
Shock Trooper
Member # 954
Profile #1
I've got it to work. But it doesn't seem to work too well if you put it in the Scenario Script. I got it to work when I put it in the START_SCEN_STATE;
But this only seems to work when you load the scenario from the beginning. If you save your progress and load it up from that saved point, it may not work. You may have to put it in every Town Script and Outdoor Script. Though I'm not sure yet. I haven't experimented enough with it.
Shock Trooper
Member # 954
Profile #2
[ Monday, June 28, 2004 20:25: Message edited by: Shyguy ]
Apprentice
Member # 3517
Profile #3
Thanks Shyguy,

I load it in LOAD_SCEN_STATE, which is where is should be, I think.

I can use print_num() and print_nums() functions, so part of it (the part referenced from within a script) is working, but none of the keybard commands seem to work.

Anybody else successful with this?
Apprentice
Member # 3517
Profile #4
Thanks Shyguy,

I load it in LOAD_SCEN_STATE, which is where it should be, I think.

I can use print_num() and print_nums() functions, so part of it (the part referenced from within a script) is working, but none of the keybard commands seem to work.

Anybody else successful with this?
Board Administrator
Member # 1
Profile Homepage #5
Check the docs. There's a keyboard combination you need to use to turn on the keyboard shortcuts. } then, =, I think.

- Jeff Vogel

--------------------
Official Board Admin
spidweb@spiderwebsoftware.com
Shock Trooper
Member # 954
Profile #6
It doesn't work when you put it in LOAD_SCEN_STATE. The message comes up that it's been loaded, but it doesn't work. And "print_num() and print_nums()" always worked, even before the patch. They work even without putting in turn_on_debug_mode.
Also, as stated above, ghost mode is always on and can't be turned off.
Apprentice
Member # 3517
Profile #7
Dear Jeff,

I did check the docs, and I am using the keyboard combination ' }= '. Then the keyboard commands, such as SHIFT + g, etc. None of that works for me.

Regards,

mrb
Board Administrator
Member # 1
Profile Homepage #8
Damn it, damn it, damn it, damn it, damn it.

Uploading v101c (Win)/v1.1c (Mac) now.

Will link to and should work tomorrow.

Sorry about that. :(

- Jeff Vogel

--------------------
Official Board Admin
Apprentice
Member # 3517
Profile #9
Dear Jeff,

Thanks for checking again - and for the new version.

Please don't think I'm being too 'pushy', but is it possible to make these upgrade/fixes in the form of patches, instead of having to download the entire app again?

I am unfortunately on a dial-up connection for the next few months, and it really is sloooow!, a patch of whatever size would be a lot less painful than the current 1.5 hours to download a new version. There may be others in a similar situation.

Thanks again,

mrb
Board Administrator
Member # 1
Profile Homepage #10
"Please don't think I'm being too 'pushy', but is it possible to make these upgrade/fixes in the form of patches, instead of having to download the entire app again?"

I have never seen a program to patch a Windows app (all game updates I've ever seen just replace the whole .exe). Once I saw a program to patch Mac apps, but that was a long time ago, and it's a lot easier to patch Mac apps because of the way the programs are put together. So I don't think I can.

- Jeff Vogel

--------------------
Official Board Admin
Warrior
Member # 286
Profile #11
There is a program that can patch Windows exes. Deus Ex: Invisible War uses it. *goes and checks* Here we go. It's called RTPatch (http://www.pocketsoft.com/). I can't find a price listing, though; I'm guessing you're supposed to contact them for a quote.

--------------------
Z: "I just feel so insignificant."
Psych: "You ARE. You're an ANT."
--Antz
Infiltrator
Member # 154
Profile #12
NSIS (http://nsis.sf.net/) is free, open source, and a patching system is included in the distribution.

--------------------
Apparently still annoying.