A thought about the line number "bug".

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: A thought about the line number "bug".
Board Administrator
Member # 1
Profile Homepage #25
"Have you received any scripts from Windows users that show that problem? If not I will semd you one showing an error, just for example, at line number 476, when in fact the entire script has less than 230 lines."

Go ahead and E-mail me that example. And tell me what text editor you're using.

- Jeff Vogel

--------------------
Official Board Admin
spidweb@spiderwebsoftware.com
Apprentice
Member # 3517
Profile #26
Dear Jeff,

E-mailed the script, but I neglected to say that I am mainly using Scintilla. I also use EditPad Pro and others - but each of them understands Mac/Windows line endings.

The problem is in the parser.

Regards,

mrb
Board Administrator
Member # 1
Profile Homepage #27
"E-mailed the script, but I neglected to say that I am mainly using Scintilla. I also use EditPad Pro and others - but each of them understands Mac/Windows line endings."

Could you resend it? Never got it at my end.

"The problem is in the parser."

I feel that remains to be seen. That the reported line number is more than twice the length of the script makes me suspect that your text editor is doing something funky. I am not sure that I am going to be able to make BoA work with every text editor using every setting.

- Jeff Vogel

--------------------
Official Board Admin
Board Administrator
Member # 1
Profile Homepage #28
Hokay. I just put in some code that watches for Windows style line endings and adjusts for them appropriately. I'll probably upgrade the debug-version BoA soon.

However, this will do nothing for the weird situation where the given line number for the error is over twice the length of the file. I'll look at it, but that's something really odd.

- Jeff Vogel

--------------------
Official Board Admin
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #29
quote:
I am not sure that I am going to be able to make BoA work with every text editor using every setting.
You know, Jeff, all you have to do is guarantee it with a particular free text editor (say, BBEdit Lite for Mac and some other program for Windows) and then say tell everyone that if you don't use those programs, it's your own problem.

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.
Smoo: Get ready to face the walls!
Ephesos: In conclusion, yarr.

Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!!: the authorized location for all things by me
The Archive of all released BoE scenarios ever
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #30
It sounds as if that's what Jeff was planning to do when he first heard about the problem, and now people are trying to harangue him into finding increasingly perfect solutions. Honestly, I'm starting to see why he was reluctant to fix BoE. Even if we have good reasons for it, we can ask for a lot. The Blades community must be worse than Cordelia sometimes.
Board Administrator
Member # 1
Profile Homepage #31
No, this all really was my bad. There was a genuine bug in there. Fix coming soon.

It just took a little time to sort the bug from other issues, that's all. And I wanted to get this sorted out before I recommended text editors.

- Jeff Vogel

--------------------
Official Board Admin

Pages