Avernumscript

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Avernumscript
Apprentice
Member # 3517
Profile #0
It seems there a very few calls related to the player.

give_char_item(char, item)
set_char_status(...)
set_char_trait(...)
change_spec_item(...)
set_level(...)? <it seems not to be recommended?>

The appendix also lacks info about the game limits for various calls, such as duration for setting the character 'status' <featherfall, flying etc>.

It would be nice to have a more complete set of functions and better documentation.

Regards,

mrb
The Establishment
Member # 6
Profile #1
quote:
Status Ranges

The legal range for most statuses if 0 to 250 (so it can have any value from 0, for no status, to 250, the maximum). There are some exceptions. Bless, Shield, and Haste can have a negative value, and can range from –250 to 250. Sleep, Charm, and Paralyze can be at most 10 (so a character can’t magically sleep for over 10 turns).

I quote the Appendices. Perhaps you should read it more closely.

The calls not only apply to PCs, but NPCs as well. You can use them on either a party member or a creature. That is a lot of versatilitiy, in my opinion.

--------------------
Your flower power is no match for my glower power!
Posts: 3726 | Registered: Tuesday, September 18 2001 07:00
Triad Mage
Member # 7
Profile Homepage #2
Don't look at the number of calls - look at what you want to do with them. During scenario creation you'll find that 99% of any party-manipulation you want to do can be easily achieved with two or three calls.

--------------------
"At times discretion should be thrown aside, and with the foolish we should play the fool." - Menander
====
Drakefyre's Demesne - Happy Happy Joy Joy
Encyclopedia Ermariana - Trapped in the Closet
====
You can take my Mac when you pry my cold, dead fingers off the mouse!
Posts: 9436 | Registered: Wednesday, September 19 2001 07:00
Apprentice
Member # 3517
Profile #3
Yes, I stand corrected. I have just spent much more time with the docs and have located those references.

Thanks,

mrb