item special abilities bug?

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: item special abilities bug?
Shock Trooper
Member # 4180
Profile #0
I see nothing in the docs to indicate that an item can't have both a special ability that calls a scenario state and one that casts a spell. Yet I've tried it with several different spells (both mage and priest), with the state ability both before and after the spell ability (despite the fact the docs say put the spell last--I was desperate :) ), and in both 1.0 and 1.0.1. In all my tests, if there's a spell special ability, the scenario state never gets called (using either ability 207 or 208--the one that drains a charge or the one that doesn't).

So... are the two exclusive, or is it a bug?

-spyderbytes

--------------------
-spyderbytes
Board Administrator
Member # 1
Profile Homepage #1
Damn it! I know I added this to the Docs, but it's not there now. Must have lost it in a crash. Added this to custom items ...

"Some active abilities are spells or require targeting a foe. An item can only have one such ability. If it has more than one, only the last one will take effect."

--------------------
Official Board Admin
spidweb@spiderwebsoftware.com