Mithril broadsword

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Mithril broadsword
BANNED
Member # 6762
Profile #0
I've been looking for the person who tells you about the metal lumps. I've spent valuable hours looking for it and I just read the walkthrough through, help would be appreciated.

--------------------
Don't be a noob, PLAY RUNESCAPE

-SO i can pwn you-add me
Law Bringer
Member # 4153
Profile Homepage #1
Depends on what you're actually looking for. If you need the metal lumps, go to the Inn of Blades and look for a mage. (Or just look for a big granite spire in that general area of the outdoors)

If you need to find the guy who forges the blade, go to Lennus. Or Squiggus. One of those two. Anyway, there's a room through a hidden wall in one of those towns, and the floor is electrified, so you'll know it when you find it.

--------------------
Gamble with Gaea, and she eats your dice.

I hate undead. I really, really, really, really hate undead. With a passion.
BANNED
Member # 6762
Profile #2
I mean, does somebody have to tell you about it, or can I just grab it.

--------------------
Don't be a noob, PLAY RUNESCAPE

-SO i can pwn you-add me
Law Bringer
Member # 4153
Profile Homepage #3
You don't have to hear about them from anybody. Just go find the outdoor encounter, and you'll get the metal lumps.

--------------------

Apprentice
Member # 7246
Profile Homepage #4
There are two lots of special metal lumps in this game:
East of the Inn of Blades (this is the metal Arion wants)East and north of the Eagle Rock (First you must talk to Zamora in Gidrik. He tells you about "unusual metal" and a map in Aminro. When you have read the map you can find the lumps near Eagle Rock.)I give the first lumps to Arion, who lets you learn Slow L3.
The lumps near Eagle Rock I give to Carmine in Lennus. The Mithril Blade he makes is probably the best melee weapon in the game.

[ Friday, June 30, 2006 00:00: Message edited by: Catweasle ]

--------------------
My Avernum Walkthroughs
Agent
Member # 2759
Profile Homepage #5
There are three actually, since the dragons have some too.

--------------------
"I can't read this thread with that image. But then, that's not a complaint." -Scorpius

Geneforge 4 stuff. Also, everything I know about Avernum | Avernum 2 | Avernum 3 | Avernum 4
Apprentice
Member # 7246
Profile Homepage #6
Sorry I forgot that the metal Sulfras needs for the Beastslayer is also mithril. You are quite right, there are three lots of mithril: Eagle Rock, Athron and the rock near the Inn of Blades.

There are also the uses for the mithril: for Carmine (Mithril Blade), for Sulfras (Beastslayer) and for Arion (Slow L3). Of these the Mithril Blade is i.m.h.o. the most useful.

--------------------
My Avernum Walkthroughs
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #7
Fortunately, you're not limited to only one. Beastslayer is fairly useless, so you can go ahead and get another sword from Carmine. Slow level 3 is okay, although I rarely use slow, but you can get it from Hawke's Manse as well as Arion. That means you have no excuse not to be loaded down with wonderful weapons that increase your AP.

—Alorael, who doesn't have the patience to wait for three Mithril Blades. Carmine is a slow blacksmith! Doesn't he know that adventurers have no patience?
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Apprentice
Member # 7246
Profile Homepage #8
I agree that the Beastslayer (like the Demonslayer in this game) is pretty useless. I also seldom use slow.

I never thought of getting more than one Mithril Blade. That's a jolly good idea! Next time I play A3 I'll pick up three Mithril Blades and give two to my spell casters. They don't need weapons but the extra APs are good. What with these, Boots of Speed all round, the Fury Bow and Pachtar's Mail I shall hardly need Haste!

One trouble with this game is that there are lots of good weapons: the Justice Lance is for example good for a priest even if he never uses it.

--------------------
My Avernum Walkthroughs
Law Bringer
Member # 4153
Profile Homepage #9
quote:
Originally written by Catweasle:

One trouble with this game is that there are lots of good weapons: the Justice Lance is for example good for a priest even if he never uses it.
I never managed to find that one... where was it?

--------------------

Apprentice
Member # 7246
Profile Homepage #10
In the Keep of Tinraya. There is a room in the SW which needs Move Mountains to get into. Naturally there are lots of alien beasts in there.

--------------------
My Avernum Walkthroughs