A3: Aranea quest

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: A3: Aranea quest
Apprentice
Member # 7266
Profile #0
Okay, I foolishly took the Kill an Aranea quest from the job board in Kryzsan (sp?) in Avernum 3, having read it too quickly and thinking it was just an "annoying band of aranea in the area harassing the townsfolk, get rid of them" sort of mission. Now I'm sort of stuck, because I can't seem to find any regular aranea anywhere in the game. Does anyone know where I can go to find an aranea fight and finish this mission? Or, failing that, how bad is the punishment for failing to do a quest on time? It says of course that they won't give any more quests for a while - how long is it before you can get them again?

Thanks!

[ Wednesday, June 28, 2006 22:40: Message edited by: randomavernumplayer ]
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #1
I believe that it's possible to get an aranea through summoning spells if you're lucky.

If you fail a job, you won't be given any more jobs for a pretty long time (about a month, I think). There's no other penalty. Jobs aren't that important anyway.

[ Thursday, June 29, 2006 01:02: Message edited by: Thuryl ]

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!
Apprentice
Member # 7246
Profile Homepage #2
I got caught on that one too. I remembered finding lots of Areneae, for instance in Vila, only to find that they were ELDER Areneae - no good for this quest!

All you can do is take Thuryl's advice and hope that some nasty monster summons an Arenea.

--------------------
My Avernum Walkthroughs
Agent
Member # 2759
Profile Homepage #3
I think Thuryl was suggesting you should summon an aranea yourself, by casting summon aid or whatever and then attacking it.

--------------------
"I can't read this thread with that image. But then, that's not a complaint." -Scorpius

Geneforge 4 stuff. Also, everything I know about Avernum | Avernum 2 | Avernum 3 | Avernum 4
Apprentice
Member # 7266
Profile #4
That's probably a good idea, except that unfortunately I'm still early enough in the game that the best thing I can get from a summons spell is a goblin.

Oh well, I went back to the person who gives out the jobs in Kryzsan and found out that the slimes had apparently eaten away the back wall of the room, and there was a big splotch where the job lady used to be. So this may not be an issue anymore...
Apprentice
Member # 7060
Profile #5
quote:
Originally written by randomavernumplayer:

Oh well, I went back to the person who gives out the jobs in Kryzsan and found out that the slimes had apparently eaten away the back wall of the room, and there was a big splotch where the job lady used to be. So this may not be an issue anymore...
Allright, I'm sorry for posting when I have nothing of value to add, but this is one of the funniest things I have ever seen on the INTERNET. not the boards, but the whole internet.

Me.

--------------------
This is my sig. Thanks for looking. :p
Apprentice
Member # 7266
Profile #6
Well, I beat the game, finishing most of the sidequests as well. And all along the way, I never saw a single aranea. Although I did see several elder aranea both in dungeons and as the result of summoning, not unlike Catweasle. I'm rather skeptical about whether the Aranea monster even exists in Avernum 3's data files. If it does, it's sufficiently hard to get that the guy in Delan who wanted me to get one should have been paying way more than that. ;)

Oh, and the job lady turned out to be all right - turns out she just moved after her room was destroyed, and was now working out of the mayor's office. Guess I jumped the gun there. And here I thought the blotch on the floor was the job lady. ;)

[ Thursday, July 06, 2006 19:46: Message edited by: randomavernumplayer ]
Law Bringer
Member # 4153
Profile Homepage #7
quote:
Originally written by randomavernumplayer:

And here I thought the blotch on the floor was the job lady. ;)
She was so angry at you for failing your job that she melted.

Aranea definitely exist in A3. They're somewhere in there... I seem to recall some sort of nasty spiders in the area near the GIFTS, they might've been aranea. If nothing else, you can summon them.

--------------------
Gamble with Gaea, and she eats your dice.

I hate undead. I really, really, really, really hate undead. With a passion.
Apprentice
Member # 7376
Profile #8
I've only got the unregistered version. so what would i know 'bout those spiders? ( i'm afraid of spiders) :(

--------------------
Let Avernum be a free game without you having to buy the full version!
The Establishment
Member # 6
Profile #9
FYI -- It's good not to revive topics after they have been dead for over a month, especially if you have nothing new to add to the discussion. Thanks and please consult the Code of Conduct for these boards.

--------------------
Your flower power is no match for my glower power!
Posts: 3726 | Registered: Tuesday, September 18 2001 07:00
Warrior
Member # 7125
Profile #10
Usually it's around 50 days but the dispatcher will eventually forgive you.
Law Bringer
Member # 4153
Profile Homepage #11
quote:
Originally written by ginger8445:

Usually it's around 50 days but the dispatcher will eventually forgive you.
Answering questions that were already answered a month ago is also bad board etiquette...

--------------------
Gamble with Gaea, and she eats your dice.

I hate undead. I really, really, really, really hate undead. With a passion.